Newb from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95whtzr2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New guy here, new to Jeeps, not new to forums. I use the same name everywhere. I know it looks weird, so here's the break down, the 95 is for the year of my s10, the wht is for the color white, and zr2 is because its a zr2 model (I actually get a lot of questions about it, so I figured I would explain first:icon_mrgreen:)

I am a field tech for a civil engineering company, we test pavements and roadways, I travel all over the US, and have opportunities to travel to other countries when we get a contract to do so. Because of this I have a very hectic schedule and never have enough time to play with my toys when I get home :Violin:.

I just purchased my cummins in July, and wanted a daily driver to keep miles off of it, so I was looking for a small 4x4 SUV, found the liberty and now the rest is history. I have done a number of searches for information for the liberty and this forum seemed to keep popping up on top, so I figured why the hell not, and joined up.

The liberty was purchased a few weeks ago, with 127k on the odometer, seems in fair shape, it was a Kansas truck, and there is rust on the underbody, but I am hoping it won't be too much of a PITA. There is some oil on top of the front diff, but I am hoping it is just from the oil change (noticed the filter directly above the diff), however it looks worse than just the oil change residue. Soon as I get back home I will be looking into it. Needs a set of wheels, the stock steelies are scratched and rusted- any suggestions? Other than that (and the titling an out of state vehicle) it seems to be pretty tight. I need to look into the recalls to see what still needs to be done on the truck, and go from there. Haven't even ran tank of gas through her yet, the day after I bought her I had to go out of town, I am curious what my mileage will be, I am expecting around 17 but dunno.

I figure the first thing I am going to do when I get a chance to work on her is change the plugs, and filters (fuel/air (just had an oil change)), probably trans fluid change, and check the diff fluid. If there is anything in particular I should look for I am all ears.

Thanks for helping me buy a Liberty (whether y'all knew it or not:hat:)

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.