New To The Forums, quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbradsh

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had my (libdarkk) CRD for about a month now. I was just wondering what are some mod's people around here would suggest to get the most out of the CRD. (Mainly talking in terms of mpg, longevity, etc) I plan on fitting it with off-road equipment eventually, but that is not my main concern atm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

warp2diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch out for some mods promising fuel economy

Hello,

I have had my (libdarkk) CRD for about a month now. I was just wondering what are some mod's people around here would suggest to get the most out of the CRD. (Mainly talking in terms of mpg, longevity, etc) I plan on fitting it with off-road equipment eventually, but that is not my main concern atm.

Thanks in advance

The best way to improve your fuel economy other than controlling your right foot, is to shut off the EGR. Some tunes shut off the light and reduce the EGR, but don't get rid of it. The SEGR developed by TurboTim (Google TurboTim-SEGR) is the best way out there, then plate the pipe that connects to the EGR valve. The next best way is to unplug the MAF sensor and ignore the Check Engine Light.
I could rant on and imply that those who created the Regulations used LSD and other illegal drugs, but that will get nothing done but preach to the choir. Regulations are a political power grab for the most part, a few regulations do some good, but most are a burden based upon bad evidence or Junk Science.
The EGR does some good for gassers by reducing detonation and reduce the need for high octane gas, but on Diesels all it does is reduce NOX.
Under perfect conditions NOX can turn into smog in cities like LA, Las Vegas and a few others. For your part of the country and the rest of the North America, NOX causing smog is as likely as a Woman Super Heroine getting ***** with her in an fully armed and stocked M1 tank and her attackers armed with rotten sticks.
In the Midwest, Corn used to produce ethanol causes more haze and smog creating compounds than NOX. A politically incorrect point to bring up.

PS: If you do go for a tune solution to reduce the EGR, plate the EGR as well. One guy who participates in CRD forums did so and has no problems in spite of the Tuners warnings against doing it.

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks in advance

A good site for CRDs is lostjeeps.com. They have a section for CRDs, CRD Tech tips and general information such as Lifts etc.
I am a member of several Jeep forums...as are many other members here...it is good to get a variety of opinions and often within a topic there are links to other Jeep sites such as this jeepkj.com one here...I found this site following a link from lost.com if I am not mistaken.