New to forum 03 stick shift bad with technology

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ferg

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Ferg. Finally decided to join the forum. I see that the community is active and wanted to join in on the knowledge share. Half my Google questions have lead me pack to forum posts from here anyway.

Little about myself I rock an 03 Jeep liberty sport, she is my daily driver. Was with sold on the liberty being a 5 speed before I ever knew the difference between IFS and live axles.

Winch mount keep the winch in back. Have poured more money into this thing then it was worth when I bought it. Broken 2 front drive lines, rack and pinion, snapped brake cable, tore a tire off. Have almost rolled once and been stuck plenty of times. Also I run with no front or rear sway bar. I know it's taboo but it hasn't caused me any problems yet.

I'd throw in some pictures but I don't know how.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
Sounds like you have had some exciting times off road before! Are you lifted?
I use free IMGUR and upload photos there, then copy / paste the BB Code (for message board & Forums) directly and voila photo shows up.

Ferg

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well I got one of these to upload but there she is. Yeah I started with a 2" suspension lift. I can't remember where I found that but it was pretty reasonable. Then went to that frankenlift with JBA arms. Recently I found out I bent my rear axle about an inch so I'm anotherlooking to pick and pull another to install. That or maybe ordering a used one with a 4.10 setup and then buying a ring and pinion for the front and having that installed.

Ferg

Reaction score

There we go, I think I figured out the picture bit.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Good work on getting the photos posted.
You sure have done a few mods & then some! Like the side bed lining, Great looking jeep.
Any ideas how you bent the rear axle by an inch?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2002 Export CRD Sport 5 speed manual also came out with a 4.10 rear diff which is a Trac Loc that needs the Mopar Friction Modifier additive.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
rear sway bar delete is ok, front is not, accident waiting to happen right there

Ferg

Reaction score
The bed lining is money in the bank. Anything gets chipped I just spray it back on. We initially did one of those raptor liner coatings on it at a buddy's house. I guess the axle was bent before I got it from an accident, it has been an issue then recently I got rear ended and I think it just made things worse. Theirs always someone out there trying to do more damage to my rig then me which is impressive. Also @tommudd maybe I'll have to throw it back in then. Some learn by seeing and some from the hard way. Again no issues so far but I'm not a fan of doing any long term damage. What do you think about pulling a 4.10 8.25 axle and having the ring and pinion done on the front to match? The gears are spendy and so is install. But buying an axle that is already done with it should put me halfway there. I don't think it should be a problem.