new tires coming!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this Thursday my renegade will finally get the revos installed. I was just wondering what I should do. Should I have the white letters facing out, or should I have them facing in? Whats everyone's opinion on this matter.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Personally, i've always liked the looks of a white letter out tire, on MOST vehicles. I've seen some on some passenger cars and station wagons that looked like crap.

On the KJ however, I love the look of them. I've got the white letters out on my Revo's and it looks great! With such a great tire, why try to hide what ya got? :D

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
out, definately out....if you're gonna spend that kind of money on tires then let everyone know what kind you bought!! Plus, with the white letters out it won't look like an old man's car.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
IN !!!! that way you wont tear them up on rocks/ curbs etc, plus easier to keep clean with only black out, white out mall, black out ready for action!

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I decided to mount the white letters out. I don't mind cleaning the wheels when I have to so that really isn't an issue for me. As far as rubbing them on rocks I will be ok with that when it comes to that point. I don't even know if I will get out on any more trails this year, I was more preparing my jeep for the winter months and new tires were definitely a must for me.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go ahead, mount them out. You can be the judge of it, if you get sick of them, or if they start getting all black (unless you are Blake) then you can just have them swapped to black sidewall out. I am not sure how much they will charge you but shouldn't be too much.

That's what I am gonna do once my tires come (waiting for them...)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go ahead, mount them out. You can be the judge of it, if you get sick of them, or if they start getting all black (unless you are Blake) then you can just have them swapped to black sidewall out. I am not sure how much they will charge you but shouldn't be too much.

That's what I am gonna do once my tires come (waiting for them...)

Well I am just about on par with Blake, I probably have almost the same amount of chemicals and detailing supplies in my garage. I actually used to be a car detailer for a living, now I went back to school and should have a degree in computer networking soon.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you will have no problem keeping them clean! :)

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go white out then dont wheel them
the side with the white out has a stripe that is as wide as the letters are tall
and you will rub through the thin black rubber to expose the white stripe
it looks like doo doo ,we did it to my wifes when they were white out
looked bad after a few trail rides

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
well if you want to compare cleaning / wax etc I am right up there as well, I used to co own a body shop and also did detailing thats why mine are black! Only thing white letters look good on are 70s models, just my 2 cents LOL

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, yea, especko has more experience with polishing paint than I do, hes been doing it longer than me.

I personally like the black walls out. I have the cragars so all black just looks cleaner to me..

Its really a personal preference.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, yea, especko has more experience with polishing paint than I do, hes been doing it longer than me.

I personally like the black walls out. I have the cragars so all black just looks cleaner to me..

Its really a personal preference.

well tires have been put on, they look pretty good also, well see how the letters hold up, if they start to look like crap then I will consider mounting the letters on the inside, but for now the letters are on the outside

2003KJ

Reaction score
Mine have been white letter out for over two years now and showing no signs of wear. Granted I hardly wheel mine (if at all :( ), but it does get washed at least once a week (tires scrubbed with bleach white and a brush)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weve got the white letters out on our 94 grand and they look good as new. Ive had it offroad a few times but not on rocks. I wash it all the time with bleachy white also..

Theyve been on a few years now.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the way I see it:

stock KJ w/ no lift= white letters out (blackwalls look cheap to me)

lifted KJ w/ bigger tires= blackwalls out (most cases)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the way I see it:

stock KJ w/ no lift= white letters out (blackwalls look cheap to me)

lifted KJ w/ bigger tires= blackwalls out (most cases)

that must be the case then,

o yea and I'm agree with the last couple posts, but still need to reiterate the fact: Bleach white ftw!!!!

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
out, definately out....if you're gonna spend that kind of money on tires then let everyone know what kind you bought!! Plus, with the white letters out it won't look like an old man's car.

pshhh, mine doesnt look like an olds man car...

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we want picks

You must be registered for see images attach

pics either tomorrow or this weekend, I spent 13 hours at school today, just gotta get through the day tomorrow then I can update with pictures.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pshhh, mine doesnt look like an olds man car...
nah, yours doesn't....but I think that's mostly due to the size you have, they're wider and that makes it look better to me. This is one of those personal preference things as said earlier, but to me in general blackwalls just don't look as good as white letters.:D