New owner with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lara81

Reaction score
I recently bought an 06 liberty CRD and I've had the ESP, traction control & ABS lights coming on sometimes. They always come on together but never stay on for more than a trip or two, but it's been happening on and off for a couple weeks. Any thoughts?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought an 06 liberty CRD and I've had the ESP, traction control & ABS lights coming on sometimes. They always come on together but never stay on for more than a trip or two, but it's been happening on and off for a couple weeks. Any thoughts?

I have seen this reported a few times and the fix was to check the ABS sensors on the wheels are clean and have no chafing wires as well as the speed sensor on the rear diff...must be clean and have no chaffing wires.

Lara81

Reaction score
I have seen this reported a few times and the fix was to check the ABS sensors on the wheels are clean and have no chafing wires as well as the speed sensor on the rear diff...must be clean and have no chaffing wires.

Any clue why no codes would be coming up with this issue? cleaning the sensors is definately next on the to do list, thanks... I'm a little confused why no codes come up though, I have had the codes read and cleared twice through out the couple weeks these lights have been coming on and off, by two different scanners that can check ABS codes, and nothing at all??