New Lifts on JeepinByAls site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're looking for a complete 3.5 inch KJ lift kit, nothing else to buy check out JBAs site now
http://jeepinbyal.gostorego.com/jee...-for-the-kj/tommudd-s-econo-3-5-lift-kit.html
Tom Mudd & JBA put the together a economical 3.5" kit using Ironman struts and springs, JBA clevis spacers, JBA top plates and JBA upper a-arms. On the rear, JBA Y-link extension, JBA rear springs and Bilstein 5100 rear shocks. Note: the weight of each Liberty is different depending on the accessory on the Jeep. You may need to test different clevis spacers to get the ride height you want on the front struts. Ride height over 3.5" will need cut down CV axles!! (CVs not included in kit)

Last edited:

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just chkd out the new kit looks good. Question--If i lift the KK with this kit do I have to re-gear and if so If I stick with the 2-2.5 " I can keep the gearing stock and increase one tire size(31") from stock(30") correct?
Still saving up funds and getting all the info i can Tom.

Ps- Hope u had a great new year
Wulf

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Tom what do you think the ride height will be measuring the wheel hub to fender flare?

With the description saying more than 3.5 inches needs cut CV's I'm trying to compare heights from the standard OME kit to your Econo kit.

Congrats on coming up with a unique kit! :happy160:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
depends on how much clevis you use, they'll average 3.5 to 4 inches
Cut CVs are a must over 4 inches

Oh and 22.5-23
same as I've always set them up here

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where does the extra lift up front come from? Seems like the same thing as the advertised 1.50 iron man parts plus the extras. Is the top plate larger then 1/4?

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that ironman will give you 21" and the top plate thats 1/4 inch thick gives you 1/2", then the clevis lift of 3/8 gives you 9/16" or 1/2 spacer gives you 1"

So if this is right #s

21+1/2+9/16=22.0625"
Or
21+1/2+1=22.5"

Maybe theres something more? Whats the height of a bare bones ironman lift?

Or 3/8" inch top plates will give you a little bit more....

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
:popcorn:
The one I ran for a while to test
3/8 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis sitting at 22.75 after a couple of weeks driving / 23 when first installed
Its all been posted before

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Where does the extra lift up front come from? Seems like the same thing as the advertised 1.50 iron man parts plus the extras. Is the top plate larger then 1/4?

Again, OME and Ironman are advertised at 1.5 inches for insurance reasons in the land of Aus.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, i knew this kit would one day be a kit. It a awsome kit too, im gonna order one for my daily driver. My other toy has ome, pretty much same setup except for the top plate.

Be nice to actually feel the difference in the rides.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, OME and Ironman are advertised at 1.5 inches for insurance reasons in the land of Aus.

I knkw that the advertised hight isnt actually where you will be sitting. Was just saying im running the same thing up front only i didnt use jba clevis spacers. Was just wondering where the little extra lift came from. Mine settles in at about 3" 3.5" and the kit you put together is at 3.5" 4".

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for a complete 3.5 inch KJ lift kit, nothing else to buy check out JBAs site now
Tommudd's Econo 3.5" Lift Kit
Tom Mudd & JBA put the together a economical 3.5" kit using Ironman struts and springs, JBA clevis spacers, JBA top plates and JBA upper a-arms. On the rear, JBA Y-link extension, JBA rear springs and Bilstein 5100 rear shocks. Note: the weight of each Liberty is different depending on the accessory on the Jeep. You may need to test different clevis spacers to get the ride height you want on the front struts. Ride height over 3.5" will need cut down CV axles!! (CVs not included in kit)

Too bad this kit has struts. :( I need shocks for my rear and my coilovers! ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most folks are not in the know like we are so listed so they know what you're talking about :manos:

spideyrdr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new lift to replace my 6+ year old spacer lift that was installed prior to me buying my '05. I'm sitting at 20.25" front / 20.5" rear today, so I'm definitely down a bit over where I was even a year ago.

I had a few questions about it and figured I'd start here - someone might benefit from my simple questions.

Does this kit come with everything I would need? Or would I need to purchase bumpstops or anything else to go with it?

Are the front coils / shocks pre-assembled or is that done separately?

I load up the rear and haul a trailer to the track - are the rear components good for occasional heavy duty use?

I haven't installed a lift on a Liberty but have taken a look at the How-To. Is this kit significantly easier or harder to install than any other kit?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jamie

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new lift to replace my 6+ year old spacer lift that was installed prior to me buying my '05. I'm sitting at 20.25" front / 20.5" rear today, so I'm definitely down a bit over where I was even a year ago.

I had a few questions about it and figured I'd start here - someone might benefit from my simple questions.

Does this kit come with everything I would need? Or would I need to purchase bumpstops or anything else to go with it?

I load up the rear and haul a trailer to the track - are the rear components good for occasional heavy duty use?

I haven't installed a lift on a Liberty but have taken a look at the How-To. Is this kit significantly easier or harder to install than any other kit?

Thanks,
Jamie

No different then ome or iron man. Its pretty easy to install if you have some mechanical ability

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

BUMPSTOPS IF YOU SO DESIRE IS THE ONLY OTHER THING

NOT PREASSEMBLED

YES THEY ARE

ALL LIFT KITS ARE BASICALLY THE SAME NO MATTER IF DAYSTAR OR FULL ON KIT, ALL MUST HAVE THE SAME THINGS DONE PRETTY MUCH

Thanks,
Jamie

Anything else just ask and someone will help you out on here