New Jeep owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got a Jeep! I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport. It has an automatic transmission (the price was right and there were no manual transmissions available).

I am interested in making some mods to my Jeep (I used to have a 2005 Subaru WRX with a turbo-back exhaust, Cobb Accessport and a Cobb short-ram) and I am not afraid to do the work myself.

I will be searching the forums for the following:
Best spark plugs- Autolite Double Platinum seem to be the norm (always used NGK iridium in my Subie)
Best oil- I am partial to Castrol (used Rotella in my Subie for the turbo)
Also mods for the intake and exhaust
I also want to make or buy an under engine skid plate (my Subie had one and it saved my oil pan and axles on several occasions)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got a Jeep! I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport. It has an automatic transmission (the price was right and there were no manual transmissions available).

I am interested in making some mods to my Jeep (I used to have a 2005 Subaru WRX with a turbo-back exhaust, Cobb Accessport and a Cobb short-ram) and I am not afraid to do the work myself.

I will be searching the forums for the following:
Best spark plugs- Autolite Double Platinum seem to be the norm (always used NGK iridium in my Subie)
Best oil- I am partial to Castrol (used Rotella in my Subie for the turbo)
Also mods for the intake and exhaust
I also want to make or buy an under engine skid plate (my Subie had one and it saved my oil pan and axles on several occasions)

Welcome to Jeeps and the forum.

Best spark plug is the NGK copper core listed on the emissions sticker on the rad crossmember of your Jeep right when you open the hood.

Best oil brand is whatever you want. Forget the special turbo oil. You don't have a subi or a turbo any more. Using the right weight is important. Go by your owners manual. Some of the years recommended 5w30 and I think maybe 5w20 on later years maybe. Check your owners manual.

Intake and exhaust mods are useless on this jeep.

Full skids and hooks are recommended if you are leaving the pavement.

There's a lot of good proven info on what works with these Jeeps on this forum and good people willing to give advise from real Jeep experience.

Enjoy the forum.

Dave

BillyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know on the spark plugs. As for oil, I am partial to Castrol and the weight I need to get is 5W-20.

I had no idea about the intake and exhaust mods, so that is good to know. I can spend my money on getting skid plates instead!

Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to learning from experienced people!

Latest posts

Members online