Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oh05ext

Reaction score
Hello, I am the new owner of a well used 2005 jeep liberty limited. Over the next couple months I will be changing out the fluids,brakes etc... and looking for ideas for 2" of lift. My primary use will be a daily beater/ teenage som learning vehicle. I am very mechanically handy and look forward to learning about this little 4wd suv.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am the new owner of a well used 2005 jeep liberty limited. Over the next couple months I will be changing out the fluids,brakes etc... and looking for ideas for 2" of lift. My primary use will be a daily beater/ teenage som learning vehicle. I am very mechanically handy and look forward to learning about this little 4wd suv.
I did the OME lift last summer, part numbers in my sig. One of our moderators, Tom Mudd has written a number of very good posts on the subject of lifts. Search for his posts. I got my parts from offroadwarehouse.com .

oh05ext

Reaction score
Here's a couple pics. I do live in the rust belt so that's a thing. I love that Chrysler had the brake lines coated from the factory.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_20230927_175029_01.jpg
    IMG_20230927_175029_01.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 4

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you use the correct fluids, especially transmission and coolant. Have fun fixing it up. Put ome springs and new shocks on it, there's really nothing else out there worth considering.

oh05ext

Reaction score
I need to reasearch the overhead console swap. I need heated seats for my back and I would love to have the older style of key with a seperate fob if anyone knows that trick.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing the EVIC is easy, just one screw towards the windshield holds the shroud. I got a module off eBay that was from a Grand Cherokee. Probably installed in a few other vehicle types as well.

oh05ext

Reaction score
Replacing the EVIC is easy, just one screw towards the windshield holds the shroud. I got a module off eBay that was from a Grand Cherokee. Probably installed in a few other vehicle types as well.
I did some diggin around and it doesnt seem to bad to do. I would love to swap to the older style of key fob to have a seperate key and fob if possible, the search continues

Reactions: klc