New iPod Mini and Car Connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the 4GB iPod Mini (silver).
You must be registered for see images attach

I also bought the iMonster Auxillary cable to connect my iPod to the back of my Car Stereo Receiver (Pioneer DEH-P3600MP).
You must be registered for see images

Everything was easy to setup and I turned on the AUX portions of my Car Receiver. However, I can only control the volume from my iPod. I have it turned up *all the way* but I still can't get a loud enough volume out of it. I saw that Belkin offers this:
You must be registered for see images

Belkin Auto Kit for iPod
It has another volume control, would this increase the volume on top of the iPod being at full blown volume?

You can view the Belkin Accessories here:
Belkin iPod Auto Kit
Thanks for any help!!

jimmie's 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it won't i have one of those the car charger connects through the dock port and its volume is not controled by the main volume out the top of the ipod . It is basicly a line out plug for you to use for the car radio.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn Any suggestions on getting the volume to work? my only choice would be going with the Pioneer Car Deck Interface Adapter: Pioneer Car
Model: CD-IB100

You must be registered for see images attach

However, I have heard some bad reviews about this product. Would I be able to use the Alpine version that was addressed in another post? I have a Pioneer Head Unit (DEH-P3600MP)

jimmie's 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plug the iMonster Auxillary cable in to the plug on the belkin car kit turn the volume up to the half mark and plug the dock connector in to the mini turn it on and go from there. adj. the belkin vol as needed thats it you can plug the iMonster Auxillary cable in to the head phone jack on the mini.

Sorry to confuse you but i like mine and it works well.
hope this helps :-k

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) =P~

I gotcha. I will try the Belkin device tomorrow. I see that I can plug the iMonster Aux cable into the Belkin, turn the Belkin volume up to 50-75% and then plug that into the Mini.

Thanks

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
many of the head units have level controls for the aux in, I suppose its possible that these are turned down and need to be turned back up.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that there's an aux in that doesn't listen to the volume knob.

Some of my previous decks even had volume offsets depending on the input, so you could make it so that aux was always 20% louder than radio, or whatever, so that when you switch between them you don't have to readjust (assuming you set it for the right level). If you can't find it, I would call up the manufacturer. The "I want to plug my iPod into my stereo" market is huge, and if they can't tell you how to fix the volume, you should get a full refund and go to their competitor.