New here, rolled 02 libby...is it fixable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nobody has asked about the smittybilt tire carrier? nothing is available from smittybilt for any liberty, so it must be custom?

if youre parting it you should let the light bar go for cheap to me. that way i can test fit it on a KK. :icon_twisted:

I'm fairly positive it is custom. it has a smitty built tag on it, though.

and, as stated...the light bar would be going on my comanche.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics...
You must be registered for see images attach

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so. body is NOT going to be repaired. at least, that's my position right now. if I find a rear-ended one with a good passenger side, I'll be chopping it up, and replacing all the bad panels on this one.

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
ok, i see, he just fitted a wrangler rear bumper on it. looks to be an OME lift with them black springs and yellow shocks. has Jeepinbyal UCAs, maybe a skyjacker bumpstop... dunno who made a red extended bumpstop for sure.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i see, he just fitted a wrangler rear bumper on it. looks to be an OME lift with them black springs and yellow shocks. has Jeepinbyal UCAs, maybe a skyjacker bumpstop... dunno who made a red extended bumpstop for sure.

thanks for that info.

he bought it built like this, so we're not exactly sure of the whole build.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The above alone is more then enough to total it out.

At least it's got a good lift on it but that rear swing away was not the finest moment in that KJ's history.I mean why bother leaving any trace of that hacked up rear bumper on? I personally would be embarrassed if that was mine,the dents are no issue but that hacked up rearend is.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The above alone is more then enough to total it out.

At least it's got a good lift on it but that rear swing away was not the finest moment in that KJ's history.I mean why bother leaving any trace of that hacked up rear bumper on? I personally would be embarrassed if that was mine,the dents are no issue but that hacked up rearend is.

he didn't hack that up, and he didn't install it. he was about ready to remove all the corners and box it in to make it look better...

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch!
Good thing that isn't your only set of wheels.....

luckily, it's not even my set of wheels...it's my brother's. he has 3 cars...a 2001 ford fucus (literally says fucus on the back), a 1988 jeep comanche 4x4 lwb, and this libby.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be charging what a california junkyard would charge...no cheap deals to be had here, should that happen. I'd rather fix it.
Well if the diffs are open the front D30A maybe worth $300-$350 and the rear 8.25 about $200 max.Now if lockers where installed and HD diff cover/HD axles for the 8.25 they will be worth some more,4.10's and ARB's F/R would bring the $$$.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
regeared to 4.10's, detroit in the rear.

there's a grand worth of axles there. not to you guys on the forum here, but that's how forums work...we're all cheap. normally I'm out there to help the next guy on the forum, but this thing would need to be max profit, and it can sit here as long as it takes...it's not costing anything to remain here.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
regeared to 4.10's, detroit in the rear.

there's a grand worth of axles there. not to you guys on the forum here, but that's how forums work...we're all cheap. normally I'm out there to help the next guy on the forum, but this thing would need to be max profit, and it can sit here as long as it takes...it's not costing anything to remain here.
Full detroit? Soft locker? or the DTT? Makes a hige diffeence on how much it's worth.Good luck you'd never get $1000 for both,maybe $100 with shipping but not $1000 and shipping unless there dumb.You gotta keep at normal market values or you will have them for a very long time to get what you want.

I got what was fair and wanted for my D30A with 4.10's,DTT,and only 48,000 miles on it 2 years ago,but had a willing buyer that wanted it now for $600 plus shipping.The rear 8.25 took 3 years to sell complete and it had Yukon 4.10's,Yukon HD axles,Ruffstuff HD diff cover,ARB locker,and all new seals/bearings and had to sacrificed it for $450 just to get it gone as no one wanted to pay anymore and it was a local pickup so no shipping,heck the ARB was worth twice that alone.Plenty of offers for just the ARB but I would not seperate,sold as a whole axle assembly.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full detroit? Soft locker? or the DTT? Makes a hige diffeence on how much it's worth.Good luck you'd never get $1000 for both,maybe $100 with shipping but not $1000 and shipping unless there dumb.You gotta keep at normal market values or you will have them for a very long time to get what you want.

I got what was fair and wanted for my D30A with 4.10's,DTT,and only 48,000 miles on it 2 years ago,but had a willing buyer that wanted it now for $600 plus shipping.The rear 8.25 took 3 years to sell complete and it had Yukon 4.10's,Yukon HD axles,Ruffstuff HD diff cover,ARB locker,and all new seals/bearings and had to sacrificed it for $450 just to get it gone as no one wanted to pay anymore and it was a local pickup so no shipping,heck the ARB was worth twice that alone.Plenty of offers for just the ARB but I would not seperate,sold as a whole axle assembly.

I will have to agree
you do not have a TJ 44 or even better still an XJ/MJ 44
you have a KJ 8.25 and a 30A
your target is very very small so to think you will pull more than $500 for the rear is a dream ,now the front you may get $500
the problem with the rear is that I would bet more than 90% of KJ owners who wheel their KJ's are intimidated by the thought of a Detroit locker in the rear so you are looking at maybe 1% of all KJ's on the road that would consider buying this axle

Status
Not open for further replies.