New here, rolled 02 libby...is it fixable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me get this straight.
1) You join the forum asking if the KJ is fixable (even though you had already made up your mind)
2) You insult the KJs and say you hate Chrysler
3) You say if your going part it you going to want top dollar for the parts
4) You buy parts and begin repairs
5) You give up and want us to buy parts off your (minivan)

Your like a vegetarian in a steakhouse. I would love the lift off your Jeep but I don't want to deal with you!

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(popcorn)

This is entertainment!

Back off on the testosterone and know your audience, friend. You're posting negative opinions about a KJ on a forum dedicated to people who own, work on, and mod their KJs, frequently for off road use. Calling it a run-of-the-mill SUV is one thing, but calling it a lifted minivan is deliberately inflammatory, and no matter how many times you say "just my opinion" and "I respect yours" you are still clearly trolling for a reaction from people here. Otherwise, why even bring it up? Just say you don't plan to keep the KJ and leave it at that. Where I come from, we call that being tactful.

Talking about your enormous pole barn (???) and how you "can work on anything" isn't going to impress us. I'm not even a mechanic, and I couldn't care less about your proclaimed abilities and how many wrecks you saved from the crusher. There are guys here who have worlds of experience with the KJ/MK/XJ and any other J you care to mention. I come here to ask their opinions, not buy a reaction out of folks. When I ask a question, I appreciate the answer, and I say so. If I'm gonna go my own way on something regardless, I don't bother asking.

Last edited:

JBHARDWARE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(popcorn)

This is entertainment!

Back off on the testosterone and know your audience, friend. You're posting negative opinions about a KJ on a forum dedicated to people who own, work on, and mod their KJs, frequently for off road use. Calling it a run-of-the-mill SUV is one thing, but calling it a lifted minivan is deliberately inflammatory, and no matter how many times you say "just my opinion" and "I respect yours" you are still clearly trolling for a reaction from people here. Otherwise, why even bring it up? Just say you don't plan to keep the KJ and leave it at that. Where I come from, we call that being tactful.

Talking about your enormous pole barn (???) and how you "can work on anything" isn't going to impress us. I'm not even a mechanic, and I couldn't care less about your proclaimed abilities and how many wrecks you saved from the crusher. There are guys here who have worlds of experience with the KJ/MK/XJ and any other J you care to mention. I come here to ask their opinions, not buy a reaction out of folks. When I ask a question, I appreciate the answer, and I say so. If I'm gonna go my own way on something regardless, I don't bother asking.

Well Said!:party52:

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The camera didn't have the date set on it. and it's been sitting in the storage end of the shop for a year and a half.

my opinion shouldn't matter to you. it is my opinion. I've said they're stout, said they look good. but reality is that they just are not my thing, and they simply are not as easy to work on, or as easy to find as a tj, yj, xj, cj, etc. parts are not plentiful, and they are expensive.

the point in repairing it was not having to eat the $7000 purchase price of it just over a month after it was bought. insurance refused to cover it, though it was insured. We have enough projects, and honestly do not need to deal with it.

If you don't want to deal with me, fine. Please note, however, that my "top dollar" requirement was approximately 2 years ago, when I actually cared about repairing the jeep. at this point, it's an eyesore, a nuisance, and a space consumer. I think "fair price" is more what I've got in mind at this point. you could buy this thing at roughly 3k, and buy one of a similar year one with bad motor for 2k, then have yourself a nice KJ for 5k plus labor. your choice. I don't care...don't want to crush the thing, but will not be giving it away.

Thanks for your concerns.

Pat

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can't touch a KJ in good shape for under 5k around here.

and, my intelligence has nothing to do with my lack of respect for something that the gifted folks at chrysler designed. it's a mini van. get over yourself.

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
you can't touch a KJ in good shape for under 5k around here.

and, my intelligence has nothing to do with my lack of respect for something that the gifted folks at chrysler designed. it's a mini van. get over yourself.

They complained about me talking about my jk all the time but i at least had some fact and experience to back it up. I drove a kj for a few years. And an xj at work. Xj's were pretty cool, can be made decent, but they suck. The 4.0 leaks oil and rapes the environment. The unibodies are weak. Leaf springs, need i say more. The kj is almost the perfect vehicle. Good road manners, safe, decent mileage, very easy to mod (helps with a small after market), and damn good of road. Do i think my jk is better? Yes. For me it is.

Anyway your a ****** and its clear you belong on naxja with the other xj fan boys. Its just sad a really nice jeep got totalled.

sent using the dark side of the force

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The camera didn't have the date set on it. and it's been sitting in the storage end of the shop for a year and a half.

my opinion shouldn't matter to you. it is my opinion. I've said they're stout, said they look good. but reality is that they just are not my thing, and they simply are not as easy to work on, or as easy to find as a tj, yj, xj, cj, etc. parts are not plentiful, and they are expensive.

the point in repairing it was not having to eat the $7000 purchase price of it just over a month after it was bought. insurance refused to cover it, though it was insured. We have enough projects, and honestly do not need to deal with it.

If you don't want to deal with me, fine. Please note, however, that my "top dollar" requirement was approximately 2 years ago, when I actually cared about repairing the jeep. at this point, it's an eyesore, a nuisance, and a space consumer. I think "fair price" is more what I've got in mind at this point. you could buy this thing at roughly 3k, and buy one of a similar year one with bad motor for 2k, then have yourself a nice KJ for 5k plus labor. your choice. I don't care...don't want to crush the thing, but will not be giving it away.

Thanks for your concerns.

Pat
If it's been sitting for over a year and a half without being properly stored it's not worth anything as the engine will be about toast.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of toast, I recommend a ban. This guy is completely against anything this forum stands for. All he does is counterproductive. Let's not let his bad decisions ruin our forum. Give em the boot.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Speaking of toast, I recommend a ban. This guy is completely against anything this forum stands for. All he does is counterproductive. Let's not let his bad decisions ruin our forum. Give em the boot.

Nah, don't Ban Mr. Idiot.
More fun to heckle the fool and take the piss out of him on a continual basis!
Totally rub it in that he's a complete nad and let him read what we think of him!

Cheers
Ry'

Status
Not open for further replies.