New Forum software for Jeep KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So you may have noticed that JeepKJ is running on a different forum software. It used to be the 8 year old vBulletin software, now its Xenforo.

There will be continues tweaks going on with the site over the next few weeks. If you see an issue, something missing, or have any questions, post them all here. I will also be posting things that get fixed or added within this thread also.

So far, I just added in "Today's Posts" link, which shows all newer posts, even the ones you viewed, and I added in the New Posts link, which shows all new posts but the ones you viewed already.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Full access Member That's new..Can you further explain what this means?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Full access Member That's new..Can you further explain what this means?

It's always been there. It's a user group I have had setup on here for years. When you are a new member, you can not post a new thread in the classifieds until you become a Full Access Member. Once you have been registered for 5 days and post over 50 posts, you become a Full access member.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the reply button. It will quote the user you want by hitting the reply button.

Hehe, oops. Though it did take me a bit to find the "mark forums read" button also.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't see posts in a thread on my iPad or iPhone. I can see the list of threads, but no content.

This is a screenie of the What Have You Done....thread:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Can't see posts in a thread on my iPad or iPhone. I can see the list of threads, but no content.

This is a screenie of the What Have You Done....thread:

Does it make any difference if you move your phone/ipad from vertical to horizontal?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mostly use the Today's posts function when I check the board.
Is there a way for it to show the newest post on the thread? Right now clicking on the listed threads, it just shows the first page which would be the oldest post.

Thank you.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I mostly use the Today's posts function when I check the board.
Is there a way for it to show the newest post on the thread? Right now clicking on the listed threads, it just shows the first page which would be the oldest post.

Thank you.

Give it a little bit as it caches things. When you have viewed a few threads and you come back to that same thread with new posts, when click on the thread title, it will take you to the first unread post in that thread.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it make any difference if you move your phone/ipad from vertical to horizontal?

No; same in both orientations. I did try Opera mini on the iPad and that does view properly, it's just Safari on both that doesn't work. Also, I don't see any option to switch to the mobile site.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Can we see signatures yet?

You have a sig on now. You viewing the forum from a phone and viewing it vertically? All sigs vanish on mobile. Move your phone horizontally and you will then be able to see your sig.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a sig on now. You viewing the forum from a phone and viewing it vertically? All sigs vanish on mobile. Move your phone horizontally and you will then be able to see your sig.
That is some weird wizardry right there....
Just so ya know lol

Yes it works now

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anything at all between the black and white screen colors, ones to dark to read, white is in your face hard to read as well
Has to be something that is better

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there anything at all between the black and white screen colors, ones to dark to read, white is in your face hard to read as well
Has to be something that is better

Could possibly tweak the white a little bit so its not so white. Where do you think it needs to be less white, the background where the text is mostly?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Could possibly tweak the white a little bit so its not so white. Where do you think it needs to be less white, the background where the text is mostly?
I am seeing a pure white in the message fields with an eggshell as a border. Personally, if the text field was the eggshell-almost-gray of the border and the border was at least somewhat darker (but not black!) it would be easier on the eyes. The reply field I'm typing in right now would be a good shade, in my opinion. That makes three shades of white on the page, which is a bit much.

TL;DR Version: Somewhere in between stark white and jet black would be better than either of those two alternatives, which are all we have now.

Latest posts

Members online