New 7 V Glow Plug Close At Hand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have been following the saga on Lost....a few members there have been used as testers of the product and the results look promising.....once we have some pricing I will look into getting myself some here in SA as it is just a matter of time before my glow-plugs pack up!

Rickshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually the site page states $40.32:happy175: And if you register on DCP and get hung up on the birthday just put the day,then the month and then year!

Last edited:

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one of these glowplugs today. I found out the place is in Italy when I completed the order.` The total price, delivered to my address via postal mail is 43.25 euros.
I will let you folks now how it works out, how long it takes and so forth. I was actually not completely certain I had chosen the correct one; the model years are not spelled out in a manner I am familiar with. I chose the first 2.8 Liberty CRD listed there, it was said to be a 7 volt glowplug. I am at this point hoping it is the correct one.
If it all works out, I should be able to install it in my Jeep and that should correct the trouble code I get. I have been fortunate and have had almost no trouble with this Jeep, hopefully this will correct this issue.

Jeff

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one of these glowplugs today. I found out the place is in Italy when I completed the order.` The total price, delivered to my address via postal mail is 43.25 euros.
I will let you folks now how it works out, how long it takes and so forth. I was actually not completely certain I had chosen the correct one; the model years are not spelled out in a manner I am familiar with. I chose the first 2.8 Liberty CRD listed there, it was said to be a 7 volt glowplug. I am at this point hoping it is the correct one.
If it all works out, I should be able to install it in my Jeep and that should correct the trouble code I get. I have been fortunate and have had almost no trouble with this Jeep, hopefully this will correct this issue.

Jeff

Sounds as if you're planning on replacing just one plug - so you'll be running with 3 ceramic and one metal glow plug.

Normally, I'd say this wasn't a good idea, and it would be better to swap out all four - usual practice on a diesel is that when one or so glow plugs out of a set fail, the rest usually aren't far behind, and it's standard practice to replace the whole set when this happens.

But then again, this might be a good test - if the 3 ceramics and the one metal plug play well together, don't set any codes, and the engine starts without any problems - I'd say you couldn't get any better proof than that that these Italian glow plugs truly are a "drop-in" replacement.

Rickshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think your part number could get crossed up from my perspective there is only one glow plug for that CRD no matter if it is U.S. or Foreign. I registered and studied their site but have not yet ordered. Post the outcome!

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today is the 16th of December and I am still waiting. They only offered regular postal mail, and the time of year surely factors in to the delivery date. I am hoping to see it soon. I will of course install it immediately once it is here, and let you know if I get any codes and how it all works. I asked a guy that works on VW diesels and he tells me as long as the glow plug is of the proper voltage number, it will work fine with any others of that voltage. He says the controller relay sets the actual voltage in most cases and this makes sense given that Mopar offers the kit with four new glowplugs and a relay of the new voltage. Since we are running the original 7 volt glowplugs we can keep our original 7 volt relay. Hopefully that makes sense, but whatever the outcome, I will post it here.
Jeff

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the 7V glowplug today via US Mail. I had to sign for it, which is just fine. It was shipped on the 12th, and I got it today on the 20th. It was in perfect order, in a bubble wrapped envelope; no issues with the shipping.
I likely won't get this installed until sometime next week, as I cannot even see the glowplugs in the head. I know basically where they are from looking at my factory service manual, however, I have many things to do now for Christmas. I will post back as soon as I get it installed and clear that code to let you know how it works out.
Jeff

Merry Christmas everybody!

Last edited:

GeeTee

Reaction score
Yes I have been following the saga on Lost....a few members there have been used as testers of the product and the results look promising.....once we have some pricing I will look into getting myself some here in SA as it is just a matter of time before my glow-plugs pack up!

Bill - bare in mind there will be a few of us interested here in good old SA - so before you order, shout!