Nephew bought a Liberty 2012 It won't charge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asauve

Reaction score
The guy he bought it from bought a new battery/alternator then a voltage regulator, which I installed. But the battery still won't charge after jumping it. I noticed when putting in the regulator that a grounding strap was broken off under where the battery sits. I can't seem to find where the grounding cables goes, any idea? I am trying to save him from buying a new PCM.. I assumed it wouldn't need the PCM to charge with the regulator connected.
You must be registered for see images attach

asauve

Reaction score
Can't believe I didn't see it, but this is where the cable is mounted, any clue what it goes to? Under the driver side window

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't believe I didn't see it, but this is where the cable is mounted, any clue what it goes to? Under the driver side window
Back of the engine either on the head or behind the intake manifold on the block. There might be a 2nd one on the opposite side of the passenger side of the firewall. You will need to replace that ground strap. It can cause all sorts of issues including charging or just running issues in general.

budget76

Reaction score
Clean every ground, and reinstall. This takes care of simple problems. Old cars develop crust on ground straps. Measure voltage out of alternator and compare to battery. if alt voltage not getting to battery, then I would suspect internally corroded wire. this is a real thing.