Needing some help, new KJ owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
I want to customize my liberty but am having trouble where to begin. The first thing i think i need to do is move the turn signals out of the fender flares, I'm wanting to cut or replace those and cut away the bumper where the turn signal is. Any idea the best way to move them? just attach them to the bumper? There's twp empty light holes under my headlights in the grill, anyone put them in there? Think that would could work?

Thoughts, Idea's and advice are appreciated
Thank you

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to customize my liberty but am having trouble where to begin. The first thing i think i need to do is move the turn signals out of the fender flares, I'm wanting to cut or replace those and cut away the bumper where the turn signal is. Any idea the best way to move them? just attach them to the bumper? There's twp empty light holes under my headlights in the grill, anyone put them in there? Think that would could work?

Thoughts, Idea's and advice are appreciated
Thank you

I assume you have a 05-07 after reading your posts, helps to list what you have so we can give better answers.

NOW yes some have placed the turn signals in the fog light holes if yours did not come so equipped.
Not sure why you want to remove them and chop up the bumper and flares but hey its yours. Just going to expose a lot of frame which you can not remove

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with removing the fenders is as Tom said, it exposes a lot of the ugly unibody. It's not like with the wranglers where you remove the fender, slap on a set of flat fenders and it looks 100x better. There's a thread somewhere her or on lost (cant remember) where a guy was making a set of flat fenders for a KJ and it was looking pretty good, but still had the unibody exposed and it just looked unfinished.

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
Yeah i plan on making or finding some new fender flares, i just want to move the turn signals so they'er not in the way. and i think it'll look better that way, any idea's or advice?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
there isn't any aftermarket flares so you'll have to fabricate some yourself