Need part number help...spilled milk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigZach

Reaction score
So, we went to Vegas for a long weekend and got back yesterday. We got home and noticed the garage smelled...but didn't care because we needed to get to sleep and I thought it was the garbage cans...
My wife calls me at work later and tells me she forgot that she bought some milk before we left. I'm like "oh, no big deal we can just throw it away". Until she tells me it was in our almost brand new KK sport. It was in 2 half gallon glass bottles, so it exploded and soaked into the carpet and pad underneath. She brought it to a detail shop and he sucked a lot of it up, but I ripped it apart when I got home and the pad is still soaked with milk.

Can anyone (chrysler techs?) find the part number/description for the pad? I know the number starts with 5519 and ends with AB. The description starts with GAS R... The label is ruined.

I called the dealer and he found the carpet ($380) but could only find something called "silencer" for $85 and he said there's like 4 different pieces. This looks like one piece underneath the whole carpet.

If your wondering, you need a deep well 18mm socket to remove the seats...apparently 18mm doesn't come with most metric sets...:eek:

BigZach

Reaction score
Wow...no replies in 2 days? Not even a "Got Milk?" joke? Most forums are a lot more active than this...

Anyway, we're going carpetless for a while until the pad dries... Most of the smell is in the wiring harness and pad. My buddy does flooring and he has some extra pad that we're going to use to replace it.

If you have a funky smell in your vehicle, I would recommend anything that has enzymes, like pet stain clean up stuff. Unscented is best. The car smells new again after spraying a half gallon of it all over the car, including in the intake in the cowl for the HVAC. The stuff I used is called "Microbe-clean". It even took up a 2-cycle oil stain out of my garage floor!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried cleaning the carpet now thats its out of the Jeep? I couldnt imagine not being able to get it clean since its not in the Jeep.

BigZach

Reaction score
it was a lot easier cleaning it out of the jeep. We now have 2 layers of felt pad, for a total of 1.25 inches or so depth. It's so quiet now, like a Cadillac. Ozone machine is going in it this weekend, there's still a hint of smell but not that bad.

Latest posts

Members online