Need man tires for libby WITHOUT a lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any suggestions 2006 libby renegade. don't want to lift it, just want to get some man tires so i don't get stuck as easily as i did today during the blizzard. still rocking the stock ones

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Khumo AT KL78s on my KJ without a lift. They weren't too bad. But, if it's snow n stuff you'd like to conquer, find an RMA "snowflake" tire or a dedicated/studded winter tire. I have Dunlop RVTXs on my stock rims right now. They're snow rated all season tires. They worked well last winter and aren't ridiculous expensive. These are solely my opinions and I do not guarantee that you'll have the same results I did. There, said it.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
These:

You must be registered for see images attach

Love that picture :D I think a 245/70/16 is about as large a tire that can be used no mods,I ran 245/75/16 for a few weeks before lift,saved triming plastic after the lift.;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Firestone destination ATs
Kumho KL78s are both good
have had them them both in the winter before
go 245-70-16s and you'll be good
Not sure what the smallest size Goodyear Duratracs come in but they do GREAT in the snow!Been driving around in two wheel trying to get hung up and can'tkopkrab.gif

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I had Khumo AT KL78s on my KJ without a lift. They weren't too bad. But, if it's snow n stuff you'd like to conquer, find an RMA "snowflake" tire or a dedicated/studded winter tire. I have Dunlop RVTXs on my stock rims right now. They're snow rated all season tires. They worked well last winter and aren't ridiculous expensive. These are solely my opinions and I do not guarantee that you'll have the same results I did. There, said it.

He said MAN TIRES:p
Not sure what the smallest size Goodyear Duratracs come in but they do GREAT in the snow!Been driving around in two wheel trying to get hung up and can'tkopkrab.gif

Cooper Discoverer S/T's or Duratracs in 235/70-16 or 225/75-16, depending on whether you want to go LRE/D or not.

L

lil black liberty

Firestone destination ATs
Kumho KL78s are both good
have had them them both in the winter before
go 245-70-16s and you'll be good

X2 X3 X100..... I love those Firestone Destination A/T's.. 245/70/16's Never had one damn problem in the snow or ice.. Love em.. Work amazing in the Oklahoma Clay/Mud.. and I am a 2WD...

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man tires without a lift? Try a clevis lift and top plate spacers to gain enough room for man tires. Man tires are measured in inches, not millimeters.:)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Man tires are measured in any way they see fit, as long as they are an aggressive tread pattern that dictate their manliness.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, a tires manliness is dictated by tread pattern. Then you must agree that a clevis and top plate will certainly gain some room for tires without incurring huge expense.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Wouldn't that net you close to 2" of lift? Come to think of it, I need some of those top plate spacers for a little extra from the sag I have now.#-o