Need info for new website

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am posting this message on every forum I can find, but Jeepforum.com is my primary forum which I check several times a day. Two others that I frequent are jeepsunlimited.com and kjjeep.com (L.O.S.T.).

I am in the process of gathering information to launch a new website (hopefully this week) dedicated to the Liberty. I need a little help from you guys and gals though. There are 3 things I am looking for:

1. Any links you think all think are necessary/interesting/cool. Personal webpages, manufacturer’s websites, retailers; anything you think is necessary.

2. Any .pdf’s (or files that can be converted to .pdf), specifically owner’s manuals, parts manuals, service manuals and installation instructions.

3. Tires and sizes you have tried. I’m looking for specifics, the more details the better. I’ve got to have the make, model and size of your tire, the year of your Liberty, any modifications you’ve done to make the tires fit (wheel changes, wheel spacers, lift kits (brand, model) and if you had to cut the wheel wells). Any tires that you know not to work would also be appreciated.

You can post your replies here, PM me, or if you need to e-mail me large file(s) I have a gmail account or if you want to send them via the postal service I can give you either address privately. You can also post them on Limewire (a file sharing program).

Thanks guys.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a great idea. Just remember there are already at least two boards for the KJ so just reference those and don't try to make another one. For my other cars there are dozens of boards...what a pita!

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think we need any more forums out there but a site with just static KJ info would be nice.

cheers!
-jackie :alien:

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
just look around you, there are lots of great info you can just grab...just give credit where credit is due.

GL on ur site, u got a few competitors out there already...

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that Bennett has put a lot of time (and personal expense) into this one. That takes dedication.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
I'm sure that Bennett has put a lot of time (and personal expense) into this one. That takes dedication.

Yes, it does and it shows IMO \:D/

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update

I've been gathering info. Ideally I'd like to have several sections, the biggest one being links. KJ specific, jeep specific, and 4X4 specific. Some pdf's from the factory if I can find them, without spending megabucks. I'd also like to throw on some screensavers, background images, etc.

So far I've found 9 forums abd have included links to all. I will never make a forum because I believe it is already amply covered.

The major thing I would like to include are service manuals. If any of you have one of those, on a burned cd (like those purchased on ebay) I'd would love to post those so the rest of us won't have to spend our money.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Little update

VTNomad said:
The major thing I would like to include are service manuals. If any of you have one of those, on a burned cd (like those purchased on ebay) I'd would love to post those so the rest of us won't have to spend our money.

I don't know that I would do that... posting a published document. There are laws against that! [-X

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda my point

i figure if people are illegally selling burned copies on ebay, i could post them and at least prevent these illegal sellers from making any money. of course, i would drop the material if jeep ever said anything to me.