Need help with code or knowing if my Transmission is bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AprilR

Reaction score
New here and all of a sudden my 03 liberty started running like **** and shifting weird. Rpms would rev up to almost 4 now throwing code p0841 and some gear codes p0732 p0733 p0734 which those i believe to be from.the first code. Not 100% if anyone has any info tbat would help me i would be very greatful thank you

AprilR

Reaction score
Download the Jeep KJ 2003 Service Manuals here:

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/
Thank you. Im still tryin to figure out if my transmission is gone or if it just needs a fluid and filter change. P0841 is the code. So if its not the fluid or filter then maybe the pressure sensor switch. I'm not a mechanic at all lol just looking for info and a mechanic LOL if theres any near Seattle WA area? That would be awesome! :) thank you billwill. For the link. :)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
P0841= LR Pressure Switch Sense Circuit
When you say is revs to 4000 is that while driving ? Does it feel like clutch plates are worn and slipping to 4000rpm?
How many miles on your Jeep? Trans fluid & filter should be done at 60k miles.
On level ground after driving when hot, is the ATF+4 fluid at the full mark on dipstick, clean or smell burnt at all ?
The 42RLE transmission is computer controlled and get a transmission shop to use their scanner to retrieve codes...

Latest posts

Members online