Need Help locating fuse for tailgate window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 KJ, I have NO power to the Tailgate window actuator. I've check the fuse panel near the drivers door and found NO blown fuses. I've read that there are other BCM's on the vehicle maybe thats the one that provides power to the tailgate window switch. The FOB key does not work the switch either but it does work the 4 other doors.

What fuse powers that switch?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are the fuses located that you're checking? The bcm is on the drivers side of the dash behind the cover. Check the owners manual for the fuse that powers the gate. Pretty sure if a fuse was blown other things wouldn't be working as the fuse does other things as well.

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been there and checked the only possible fuses per the owners manual. There is NO fuse that is dedicated to the Tailgate/window switch. I've checked my wires back there with a test light and there is NO power.

I don't want to bring it into the dealer, what should I do?

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for commenting. I'm surprised that I haven't had much help on this topic.
I've been searching everywheres, this site, other jeep forums, the internet and google. Nothing to my main topic. Yes, there are a lot of issues with the tailgate but I couldn't find any specific to my concern.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From this schematic it appears there is single line from the BCM to the glass release motor.

I'll check my Liberty to see where the wiring runs. Maybe it will help you find a break in the wire.

Attachments

• KJ Power Locks1115929188.jpg
    KJ Power Locks1115929188.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 20

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As expected, I went to the local junkyard, bought another switch, no luck.
Still no power to switch- Any ideals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2003jeepKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass this on if someone has the same situation.

Went to the jeep dealer today for a coupon oil change. I had them look at the tailgate/window, they plugged in the scanner and found that there was no problem with the switch. They said if a problem it would show up at the BCM, thats behind the fuse panel on the drivers outside dash, it would be a bad relay attached to the BCM. What they found was a bad switch at the tailgate handle, they didnt have one in stock but it will cost 16.00 dollars.

Latest posts

Members online