Need Help ID'ing a Power Steering Part!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNJeepin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time posting here. Sorry if this is already covered, but I tried searching and couldn't come up with anything. I have a 2006 KJ 3.7L with a power steering leak. I have identified where the leak is coming from, but I have no idea what the culprit line/hoze is called, which makes it damn difficult to source replacement parts. It's the smaller line on the right (below the PS high pressure line) in the picture. I'm pretty sure a bad O ring is the issue, which would be fantastic. I tackled an AC compressor replacement back in May and am confident I could handle the PS issue if it's nothing too crazy. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 36

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time posting here. Sorry if this is already covered, but I tried searching and couldn't come up with anything. I have a 2006 KJ 3.7L with a power steering leak. I have identified where the leak is coming from, but I have no idea what the culprit line/hoze is called, which makes it damn difficult to source replacement parts. It's the smaller line on the right (below the PS high pressure line) in the picture. I'm pretty sure a bad O ring is the issue, which would be fantastic. I tackled an AC compressor replacement back in May and am confident I could handle the PS issue if it's nothing too crazy. Thanks in advance!

Possible return line, the pressure hose is what takes the o-rings if I'm not mistaken.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're referring to the hex line fitting that's screwed into the pump body(or rack body, whichever the hell that picture is of). There's got to be some sort of seal there. Either an O ring as you suspect, or a loose flare joint. I'd put a wrench, preferably a line wrench, on it and see if it might just be a smidigen loose. If not it's more than likely a bad O ring.

Bob

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 choices for that line(there is 2 of them).......................

1-junkyard find from another KJ.

2-buy remaned R&P and install new rack

That is it since that line is non-serviceable part.