NEED HELP BADLY PLEASE what is this hose -34611 and how do I remove it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruinerr

Reaction score
I own a 2005 jeep grand cherokee 4.7L v8 high output engine and I have no clue on how to remove it nor buy a new one because it has a couple cuts in the hosing so if anyone could help you will literally save me days. please and thank you

one more thing is that thier is a HUGE stain under the engine on the driveway I think it might be the coolant as the coolant is completly empty or I think it might be whatever the hose is leaking due to the cuts but I have no clue so if anyone could help me thier it would be helpful as well as I am new to car fixing thanks and very much aprechated

Attachments

• IMG_992211.jpg
    IMG_992211.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9921.jpg
    IMG_9921.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9923.jpg
    IMG_9923.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 20

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm afraid you have come to the wrong place with this, this is a jeep KJ/KK forum.

Looking at the hose it seems to have broken the end off a plastic housing, you need to find out what's broken off and go from there DO NOT drive it as it is, you will overheat the engine, hopefully its not already cooked!

ruinerr

Reaction score
Hi, I'm afraid you have come to the wrong place with this, this is a jeep KJ/KK forum.

Looking at the hose it seems to have broken the end off a plastic housing, you need to find out what's broken off and go from there DO NOT drive it as it is, you will overheat the engine, hopefully its not already cooked!
my bad im still new to mechanics so I didnt know the diffrence but im trying to figure out how to remove the hose specifically I broke the end off trying to remove it so now im trying to figure out what the hose even is

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
I own a 2005 jeep grand cherokee 4.7L v8 high output engine and I have no clue on how to remove it nor buy a new one because it has a couple cuts in the hosing so if anyone could help you will literally save me days. please and thank you

one more thing is that thier is a HUGE stain under the engine on the driveway I think it might be the coolant as the coolant is completly empty or I think it might be whatever the hose is leaking due to the cuts but I have no clue so if anyone could help me thier it would be helpful as well as I am new to car fixing thanks and very much aprechated
It's just the PCV valve. It will fit a 3.7 Liberty of any 4.7 engine. Any auto shop should have it. You can also replace the hose with any of the same size...

ruinerr

Reaction score
It's just the PCV valve. It will fit a 3.7 Liberty of any 4.7 engine. Any auto shop should have it. You can also replace the hose with any of the same size...
thanks, but I dont know how to take the hosing out as it has cuts in it, thats my main issue

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hose goes either Air filter box or PVC on both sides of motor or all three, parts geek will have it

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
thanks, but I dont know how to take the hosing out as it has cuts in it, thats my main issue
It's easy, just pull it off! If it's hard and crusty, u may need to cut it. Take a razor and slit the old hose down the side. The new one will come in one piece but you will need to dig the broken half out of the oil fill housing.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

do you have the 3.7 V6?

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
do you have the 3.7 V6?
Yes, I have a 3.7 Liberty but I did have a Dakota with the 4.7. Exact same motor minus 2 cylinders! The PCV hose system in for the engine air breathing system. It is not connected to the cooling system. I would put it up on ramps on get under there to see if you can find a leak.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Go to parts geek look up your 4.7 jeep for PVC hose compare for match, buy. install yourself

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the puddle of coolant and the empty header tank, run it like that and you will be taking the heads off next.

ruinerr

Reaction score
It's easy, just pull it off! If it's hard and crusty, u may need to cut it. Take a razor and slit the old hose down the side. The new one will come in one piece but you will need to dig the broken half out of the oil fill housing.
I have just now relised that I was not talking about the right thing, I was meaning to write about the TUBE not the little part with the number, but the thing its connected to so the tubing

ruinerr

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the puddle of coolant and the empty header tank, run it like that and you will be taking the heads off next.
I also got a p1499 code, could it be something due to that ?