need a recommendation...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you can recommend a good D-Ring Receiver Hitch and recovery strap? How much lb strength would be adequate for the strap? I've got front hooks and skids, do you guys recommend boulder bars also? I'll prob be wheeling a bit with other jeeps, toyotas, maybe an xterra. Thanks guys.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kegjeep said:
I was wondering if any of you can recommend a good D-Ring Receiver Hitch and recovery strap? How much lb strength would be adequate for the strap? I've got front hooks and skids, do you guys recommend boulder bars also? I'll prob be wheeling a bit with other jeeps, toyotas, maybe an xterra. Thanks guys.

Warn is a great brand for the D-Ring receiver hitch
You must be registered for see images

Strap... look for a 3"x30' strap somewhere in the 20,000lb to 30,000lb range. Oh and I'll be the first to say look for looped ends, not metal hooks on the strap, see the pic below. (OK, OK everyone, it's been said, no need for 4000 other posts about "no metal hooks" :-$ ).
You must be registered for see images

Boulder bars would be a great idea if you'll be doing rock crawling, but aren't a bad idea for any type of serious offroading. It'll eliminate the chance of getting "character" marks along your rocker panels. Rocks jump out from the weirdest of places, and always when you least expect it. It's better than standing around later saying "well I thought I was fine UNTIL..."
Get what you can afford, and use your common sense to keep your vulnerable parts safe (this ideology works with dating too!). \:D/

Latest posts

Members online