Neat 05 CRD Liberty on eBay Sitting on MOABs ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OxLibertySport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this neat '05 CRD Liberty on eBay sitting on a set of MOAB's ... I emailed and asked what size were the Grabber's that are on in & if there was evidence of rubbing.

Seller responded that it had 255/65/R16's on it and there was no evidence of rubbing.

Didn't mention what type/height of lift or if there was ponded pinch welds. Maybe somebody could look at the other ad pics & tell.

Seeing this has re-ignited my thoughts of keeping the set of MOABs I have. Thoughts on the 255/65/16's with a 2.5" lift & factory liners/pinch welds??

(Clickable Pictures)

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this neat '05 CRD Liberty on eBay sitting on a set of MOAB's ... I emailed and asked what size were the Grabber's that are on in & if there was evidence of rubbing.

Seller responded that it had 255/65/R16's on it and there was no evidence of rubbing.

Didn't mention what type/height of lift or if there was ponded pinch welds. Maybe somebody could look at the other ad pics & tell.

Seeing this has re-ignited my thoughts of keeping the set of MOABs I have. Thoughts on the 255/65/16's with a 2.5" lift & factory liners/pinch welds??

(Clickable Pictures)

I certainly hope it wouldn't rub since thats not much if any taller than a stock tire , so should be no isues what so ever
Its wider which is good since the Moabs are 8 inches wide
But wouldn't think it would be close to anything at all.
My 03 with Moabs and 2.5 inches clears a 30.7 inch tall tire whereas those are 29.1 , over 1.5 inches shorter

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know, I gotta say, I'd be interested to seeing the wheels in the pic on a liberty instead of the MOABs. Always had a thing for a nice set of phone dials.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
But you've pounded your pinch's, right? Without doing so, would you have rubbed there w/ the 30.7's?

Since someone answered for me already
But the answer is no, but would of been close. It all depends on what wheels/ what backspacing/ what tires / tread design you are going to use . One of those questions you can not answer until you have all of the facts . I do the pinch welds on 90% of the lifts I do just habit plus was teaching my son on mine so I did,plus really easy to do

Last edited: