Nasty MAP/Boost sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lara81

Reaction score
So I cleaned the map/boost sensor, which had MASSIVE amounts of soot (no oil) on it. It turned out ok, after cleaning it, but I am going to replace it anyway cause it didn't come as clean as it likely should. I plan to go the SEGR route eventually but is there anything else that should be cleaned due to the large amount of soot found on the sensor?

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply disconnect your EGR. Its called the ORM. Offroad mod. I cleaned mine then disconnected it and it has stayed clean since.

Lara81

Reaction score
Simply disconnect your EGR. Its called the ORM. Offroad mod. I cleaned mine then disconnected it and it has stayed clean since.

My concern is that I want to know of any other issues before they are huge problems. The EGR definately needs to go... it's now a matter of deciding which option is better SEGR or disconnecting and investing in some type of code reader if the CEL will always be on.