MYGIG(REN) non-nav + Lockpick v.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2009kk

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and also a new JEEP owner(1st.).
(Black '09 Liberty, RockyM edition)

I just installed the Mygig Lockpick V2 and it works pretty well.(plug n play)
Wifey can watch DVD's on the go now! Unlocked the VES mode and I have 1 aux input and 1 aux input now.

I also installed the Boyo VTL420 backup camera.
Only problem is that whenever the engine is turned on the camera view has a bit of noise due to some interference i guess, anyone know how to fix this?

Future plans : lift kit with better A/T tires/rims...prolly next summer. :rolleyes:

(Cheers)

punkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically engine noise in a stereo is caused by a bad ground. Check that first.

2009kk

Reaction score
ok i will check that out, thx :p

:p what do you mean by bad ground? i connected the backup camera ground to a dedicated ground from the lockpick unit... :confused: not very experienced with connecting car electronics, i just follow instructions..lol

ColCase

Reaction score
You probably need to call lockpick or boyo. I assume the camera setup is designed correctly, but the noise you see/hear is typically a ground loop or improper/loose/dirty connection (or incompatible components). Could also be a grounding situation in the engine compartment making the car noisier than most. The electrical noise is either being picked up by the long video cable run to the rear or through a bad power filter. You can try repositioning the video cable away from noise sources and other wires or adding grounds, but lockpick or Boyo may have better info. Noisy video used to be a common problem in other vehicles, but usually more prevalent for the wireless cameras.

Members online