My Liberty concept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I'm bored today and I've had this idea floating in my head for a couple of weeks. I decided to let it loose and sat down with GIMP to see what would come out. This is the result, a Liberty Halfback:
You must be registered for see images

I'm thinking keep the swing gate, put a cover over the cargo section and add some rails for tying down additional cargo. I dunno, guess I've looked at one too many Ford SportTracs lately...

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
little bit of layer mask action going on there eh...

Doesn't flow well though; and the aerodynamics would be atrocious too.

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you prefaced that with "I'm really bored" or you'd probably get shot down pretty hard. :-s I don't like it, but it's cool you did it anyway. When I'm bored at 12:00 am I go to the bar or Filliberto's or sit here like I am now.

edit: sorry I didn't see the original post was at 8 or 9 pm

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cowdogg said:
I'm glad you prefaced that with "I'm really bored" or you'd probably get shot down pretty hard. :-s
Yeah, like that every stopped this group? O:) I don't have a problem if people don't like it, I'm not real fond of it myself but it wouldn't leave me alone, just kept bugging me until I said 'Enough already!' Man, I hate when my subconscious trys to take over... :-s Think I may have to go out to the Rolls tomorrow to clear my head. \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i'd get rid of the 2 rear doors..and make it more like a crew cab as opposed to a 4 door......this would stretch out the back abit.. put in the rennie roof rack and lights...

but then, it would just look like a pick up..more than anything...

u know what that really reminds me off

Baja...

2003KJ

Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
and the aerodynamics would be atrocious too.

wait, hold on! You mean the KJ actually has aerodynamics to start with!? When did this happen!?!?

As far as the design, it's definately different. Maybe if it were slightly longer it might look a bit better.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mutt said:
My only question would be why? The Liberty already has a dreadfully small cargo area and that makes it smaller.
Because the voices in my head told me to, and we all know you MUST listen to the voices on your head confused2.gif

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u know what that really reminds me off

Baja...

Yup, I was going to say subaru baja.

My only question would be why? The Liberty already has a dreadfully small cargo area and that makes it smaller.

Not such a small cargo area if you were used to a TJ before... when you make the TJ to KJ move you feel like you have won the cargo space jackpot!

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who about a stretch?

I think a stretched kj would bee cooler... 3 rows of seating with 3 doors on each side??

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea.....I think you should stretch it more and put in a tv and bar and reclining sofa and swimming pool and.........................

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Who about a stretch?

feetwet said:
I think a stretched kj would bee cooler... 3 rows of seating with 3 doors on each side??

Yeah but if you did the 3 rows of seat you'd have everyone over at JeepXKCountry.com talking about the new liberty bringing about the end of the commander.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Who about a stretch?

feetwet said:
Had to go looking over on the L.O.S.T. board cuz I knew I had seen one already:
You must be registered for see images attach

I'll see what I can come up with (damn people putting ideas in my head (banghead) ).

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
if they make it a bit longer it would look a lot better I guess. (The original GIMP one) The cargo area on Jeep is small already, but if they make a lockable latch and a few extras, it is not a bad idea at all. :) great job with the strokes there!