My LAST OME questions (I swear!!!!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I promise, no more OME threads from me. :D\\:D/

Just a few last questions...

1) On my KJ (no arb/winch/etc), will 926's sag like the stock springs, or will they last a long time? If they last 100k before they are noticably sagging, that's cool with me. If they look like poo in 50k miles, I am not cool with that.
2) 926 vs 927 - what can I expect the lift difference to be on my KJ? (again, no arb/winch/etc). To clarify, I am not asking how much lift I'll get as I know there are many variables for that. I am asking what the difference in lift would be if I threw 926's on, and then threw 927's on. Are we talking something like 1"? 1/4"?
3) Has anyone driven a KJ with both, and if so, can you even tell the difference? I know it's a 25# difference...is that enough to effect road feel/stiffness?
4) Paring 926/947 or 927/948...how much is the rake? Similar to stock? I lifted my front end about 1.75" over stock, and the rear 1" (both have sagged a good .5" now though, but equally) and am reasonably happy with the rake. Just curious as to what kind of spacing I'd need with the OME to maintain a similar stance.

Thanks, and again - I promise no more OME questions!

Last edited:

Dave08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine with OME 927/948 with 1/8" clevis lift the front is 1" below the rear which is slightly more than stock (with the rear empty) That said if you're the type that just wants to run 245/75/16's on the min. amount of lift I would consider 927/947 combo. If you carry around 100+ lbs in the back commonly it'll be level with 927/948.

Just for an example with the front. If the 927's are 400 and the 926's are 375 for instance. If you would place 1000lbs on each spring the 927's would compress 2.5" and the 926's would compress 2.66".

So as it worked out on my jeep. A 2 ring clevis lift would turn out to be the same rake as stock. More than that and the jeep will be closer to level. As for ride, it's firm but it's very predictable though. Once I switched to C class revo's from stock SRA's the ride got more forgiving

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

:)

"The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion."
"It is his fault he didn't lock the garage."

You must be registered for see images

Love that movie!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
"Ahem...This is Sgt. Peterson of the Chicago Police Department." :p

The thing is, is that all springs sag...plain and simple. Now if you get heavier duty springs, then the sag will be less noticeable and take longer to happen.
Being armed with that little tidbit of knowledge:rolleyes: it makes sense to go HD for your springs. The ride will not be that much different between the two spring rates, and as far as height, the "weaker" springs will settle out lower than the heavy ones.

"Thanks for stopping by, and have a nice day."

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, Tony - so, by fitting the 2002-2004 clevis, I'd essentially gain 3/4" of lift?

Maybe I'll have to hit a wrecking yard I know of nearby and see what they'd want for a set.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy enough - if we have decent weather this weekend I'll hit the used car lot down the street. They used to be a Chrysler dealer (Chrysler terminated them), but the used lot is still in business - therefore, they primarily still have Chrysler products on the lot. They always have at least half a dozen KJ's.

If the weather is decent, I'll head over with my tape measure and lay on the ground to measure and compare to my 2007. If they have a KK, I'll measure that too.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony - wouldn't it make more sense to measure from the top of the clevis to the center of the bolt?

Top = surface that shock actually sits on (assuming no clevis lift)
Bolt = same you're showing, the centerline of the bolt mounting the clevis to the LCA.

The reason I ask this is because possible variations in clevis clamp "thickness" of the years WOULD still impact ride height. Your method disregards this.

I can always measure both to the top of the shock mount and to the bottom like you show. :)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mag - that'd be cool if you could. I can measure my 2007 then and we'd have an '02-'04 measurement and an '05-'07 measurement.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Ok 03 clevis

Atrus way- 8.25"
Tony way- 7"

I hope that helped.

Last edited:

Boiler

Reaction score
Would still be nice to have measurements, could they have done a revision and not change the part numbers? I guess you'd have to replace them in pairs if you did....

And yeah, they're the same part number for an '02 and an '05.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Would still be nice to have measurements, could they have done a revision and not change the part numbers? I guess you'd have to replace them in pairs if you did....

And yeah, they're the same part number for an '02 and an '05.

No. Changes are done, part number is changed.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so rough measurements on my 2007 as I didn't pull the wheel off or anything.

From the top of the clevis to the centerline of the bolt would be about 8 5/8" (8.625")

From the bottom of the clevis to the centerline of the bolt looked to be about 7 1/4" (7.25")

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
OK, so rough measurements on my 2007 as I didn't pull the wheel off or anything.

From the top of the clevis to the centerline of the bolt would be about 8 5/8" (8.625")

From the bottom of the clevis to the centerline of the bolt looked to be about 7 1/4" (7.25")

Same as 03s then