My KJ on Land Rover test track

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's nice to be able to say I made it across a track designed for an $80,000 4wd Land Rover with a $23,000 2wd Jeep! It's really not that bad, it just worried me not having a lift that I might bottom out on those humps....but now I know, and I'll probably do it again one day just for the hell of it! crazy.gif

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wonder if they have any of those deealerships near my place..... take a jeep for a 24 hour test drive and find one of those test tracks =D

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where do you live, they are all over, all LR dealers have them, each is usually different in design. but one thing to note, most have it chain linked or guarded so you cannot get on them yourself or during off hours :(

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover Richmond

Address 5660 Parkwood Way, Richmond, British Columbia, V6V 2M4
Phone (604) 273-6068
Fax (604) 207-1682

Land Rover Vancouver

Address 1730 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6J 3G7
Phone (604) 738-5577
Fax (604) 738-7677

Land Rover Victoria

Address 740 Roderick Street, Victoria, British Columbia, V8X 2R3
Phone (250) 475-3313
Fax (250) 475-1225

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow, good find....this dealership is about a two-minute drive from me.

Problem is with this sort of dealership is that these people don't even talk to you if they suspect you don't have the $60,000 for a overpriced Ford Escape.

I really wanted to check out the course they have there, which I must say, looks really fun, so I drive my Expedition over there (most expensive car I have...thinking it's my best chance at driving something) get out, look around the parking lot for about 15 minutes and not a single soul come outside to greet me. Yes they were open and I was the only customer there.

Though I've always like many Land Rovers, I guess it was apparent to them that I wasn't Disco material. :mad:

That's alright though...Disco's have one of the worst resale values known to automobiles...and Jeep's have one of the best.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's alright though...Disco's have one of the worst resale values known to automobiles...and Jeep's have one of the best.

so if you think about that...your 2007 jeep liberty...probably cost more than a used disco. disco's were discontinued in 2004, you can find lease turn in vehicles right now from 03/04 for under 20k with less that 35k miles on them, some with warranties to 75k. btw, the 03/04 disco's are the 4.6L v8 - the 04 model comes standard with center diff. lock as well. get yourself a used 04 base model for under 18 thousand, you have yourself a very capable stock ride

smart buyer always wins...you never pay sticker for a used vehicle, it is worth no more than what it was turned in or auctioned for

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if you think about that...your 2007 jeep liberty...probably cost more than a used disco.

Actually, I got my Liberty for less than $20,000...new, 4x4, auto, better rims, 3-year free oil changes and a 70,000-mile warranty. $19,200 to be exact.

I do agree, however, that many of the Disco's came out of the factory as a superb 4-wheeling monster.

And in fact I misstated that Disco's, themselves, have poor resale value...I was talking in general about Rovers which includes every make.

I like them...just wouldn't buy one new.