My KJ on Land Rover test track

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but they've always got the thing blocked with Land Rovers until today. One end of it was still blocked but I was able to get on the other end. I would have gone farther if I had someone else with me, but I was by myself.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hehe, i think about doing that everytime i go past the land rover dealer also.

2003KJ

Reaction score
A buddy of mine used to be a mechanic at the LR dealer in town, and one day he called me up and said...come down here, I wanna show you somethin. So i drove down there and we jumped into a brand new disco that was sitting on the lot and went on their little test track. It was AWESOME! I've been wanting to go back and try it with my jeep for soooooo long now....

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna go back one day and go across the whole thing, but they've always got it blocked so morons like me don't drive on it. It's actually alot more impressive in person. Those humps are really big, and there's several of em. They've got that ramp with the rollers on one side too. It was still kinda fun though.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That kinda looks like my driveway. :D :rolleyes:

Can we all come over and play on your driveway????

Why don't the Jeep Dealers have a course like that on their lots???

Dave

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep dealer in town here has a big empty area of desert across teh street with a nice hill that's about a 30 degree angle with big dips dug in it to get the vehicle on 3 wheels. Salesman brought us on that, then did some donuts int he sand to demonstrate the esp. Was really fun.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeep dealer in town here has a big empty area of desert across teh street with a nice hill that's about a 30 degree angle with big dips dug in it to get the vehicle on 3 wheels. Salesman brought us on that, then did some donuts int he sand to demonstrate the esp. Was really fun.

Sounds like a neat place for a demo. They probably sell a lot of Jeeps with that demo I'll bet.

Dave

Last edited:

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a disco that i have taken people onto that course with, they always freak out with the side tilt :)

i would be nervous taking my liberty on it

some dealers have angles 40 degree +

2003KJ

Reaction score
The one I was on had some incredible angles too it for being a demo course....I dont remember the measurements off the top of my head though..

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a lot of them have approach angle of 43 +, departure isnt as bad, usually just a steep decline to show off the HDC, hill decent control. the side tilt is the thing that no one else should try, just asking for a rollover.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went back to that same dealer today and it's completely open and they are closed so I'm debating going back and trying it. I wanted to get it on video though if I did try it, so I'm waiting for my brother-n-law so he can video it. Hopefully, I'll get to go and try it out in a little while, the more I think about it the more anxious I get because those humps that they have are HUGE and I don't wanna bottom out and get stuck somewhere I'm not supposed to be. I'll definately post pics/video if I go back today.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went back to that same dealer today and it's completely open and they are closed so I'm debating going back and trying it. I wanted to get it on video though if I did try it, so I'm waiting for my brother-n-law so he can video it. Hopefully, I'll get to go and try it out in a little while, the more I think about it the more anxious I get because those humps that they have are HUGE and I don't wanna bottom out and get stuck somewhere I'm not supposed to be. I'll definately post pics/video if I go back today.

you can probably make it no prob, it looked like a long shallow course. just be careful with the side tilt, if you feel it wanting to go, just turn the wheel down the hill ha, get off. i would highly doubt you will see any bottoming out, unless it is on exit from the course if they have the large decent hill to end, like a lot of them do

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it! I went all the way across, it actually did pretty good for it to be 2wd..just had to keep the momentum going. Here's some pics of me on one of the humps, I'm uploading videos now and I'll post links when they're done.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, awesomeness!

What kinda problems has he had with it? Cant imagine much going wrong with a wrangler.. They got an engine, ******, tcase, and some axles..

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said it runs and drives fine, but everything else that could go wrong has. The roof seal has fallen down, the a/c doesn't work, it keeps blowing various fuses, and the dealer (the one I bought mine from) says that everything is fine and normal. He has those magnet things on his doors that says what all is wrong with it and that the dealer says everything is normal, and he has lemon shaped decals all over it, and "Lemicon" decals just like the Rubicon ones. It's kinda funny looking.

Yeah, but the trail thing is a blast, if you get the chance you should do it. I had to go kinda fast cuz when one tire got up in the air I lost traction (2wd) so I had to keep some momentum. I had an audience too, this old couple and their grandson was watching and the little kid was cheering and stuff...it was pretty fun.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, thats funny.. I would say if you didnt have momentum, the traction control would kick in when the tire started spinning and you would be on your way.

Things will go wrong and they guy need to realize that. He needs to find a different dealer and stop taking it out on Jeep. Maybe he doesnt take it offroad enough and it gets mad. That little course may make it happy!