My 03 Squeaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds sorta similar to this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ufrZiUEhWE

Bad driver's side upper "strut" mount. Look at the shock shaft and see if it's at an angle within the coil. I replaced my LBJ on that side and my UCA bushings. If the bushings aren't cracked to high hell or absent, it's probably not them. Spray soapy water on them and go for a ride.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds sorta similar to this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ufrZiUEhWE

Bad driver's side upper "strut" mount. Look at the shock shaft and see if it's at an angle within the coil. I replaced my LBJ on that side and my UCA bushings. If the bushings aren't cracked to high hell or absent, it's probably not them. Spray soapy water on them and go for a ride.
That sounds more of a clunk. If your hearing that on mine it's the lca to strut bushing. I just received replacement moog problem solver bushings. The sound I can't locate is the squeeking that happens randomly over certain bumps. I don't know if the lca/strut bushing would squeek like it is in the video. I could be wrong, just trying to narrow it down and get help from others first.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine wasn't a clunk, it was a squeak for sure. Does yours get better as it gets warmer out?
Try spraying it with soapy water.
I thought mine could have been that clevis bushing, the stethoscope lead me to that but then I called in an expert and he thought the same until he looked up

Took me 4 months to figure mine out. If it does it as you turn, that's probably a BJ. I doubt it's the LCA bushings at the cradle. That would clunk.

Last edited: