My 02 KJ shuts off when completely stopped.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexmolinavr6

Reaction score
yesterday I noticed my started kinda getting stucked when starting my engine, then it came on.

today it did the samething this morning, and whenI was driving and had to stop at the light, It shuted off.

It does run normally the rest of the time.

I have 2 codes
P0871 - Failed Transmission seleni=oid/pressure switch (I added more oil before all this happened)

P0304 - (It might be a spark plug)

but I'm thinking it might be the batery, what you think???

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a battery. Not sure what you mean by 'started kinda getting stucked when starting.' Sounds painful. :freak3:

When it 'shuted' off, did the engine just die or did the whole jeep jump forward while you had your foot on the brake, then die?

Why did you add more oil to the transmission? What kind of oil was it?

alexmolinavr6

Reaction score
Could be a battery. Not sure what you mean by 'started kinda getting stucked when starting.' Sounds painful. :freak3:

starter felt like when the batery is dying. That will probably sound like the answer I'm looking for, just wanna find someone that has had the same problem.

When it 'shuted' off, did the engine just die or did the whole jeep jump forward while you had your foot on the brake, then die?

just died.