Murphys law just bit me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loosen the bolts then retighten with full weight on, they more than likely installed them with the tires hanging down

Thanks Tom, will do. I have a sheet with all the torque specs i think.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It never ends....

Well, my feel good vibe lasted about 4 hours. Parked in my driveway I see a puddle of fluid. Front diff is leaking. Shop did a full front axle rebuild so its safe to say it did not happen spontaneously. This is getting annoying. :favorites68:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for a new shop. I feel for you, man... :emotions34:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it back asap and make them fix it...before they can try to blame it on you....

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it back asap and make them fix it...before they can try to blame it on you....

Yep, I called today and spoke to the owner. He asked how soon I could bring it in. I need my wife to follow me so tomorrow it is.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for a new shop. I feel for you, man... :emotions34:

I'm on my third 4x4 shop already. This one has a great reputation and if they stand by that and fix their mistake I'll give them a thumbs up.
I notice that there always seems to be one or two older knowledgeable guys then a team of youngsters doing the grunt work. At first I thought maybe its just me because I'm picky, or its the KJ because most shops don't see many Liberty's but everywhere I go it seems things are not done right. I decided to learn more and do more myself. My tool collection is pretty sad but I'm building it up. Seems like nowadays if you want things done right you need to do them yourself.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost done...
smittyfrompa-albums-smittyfrompa-s-2005-renegade-picture5654-2015kj.jpg

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that stinks. at least the problems are popping out while you're still in town and not when you're on a trail.

where was the leak on the front diff?

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that stinks. at least the problems are popping out while you're still in town and not when you're on a trail.

where was the leak on the front diff?

To me it looks like its from the drivers axle seal, which was just replaced. Dropped it off this morning and shop is correcting it now.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest update....

I'm being told there is a problem with the front axle c-clip staying in place and that's why the axle seal leaked. I had original CV's replaced at 102K miles with re-manned NAPA, never leaked. Those lasted 32K and now new ones installed and leaked the day I drove it home. Is this a problem with axle length maybe?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.