Mounting things on the KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ok i have a few things that i want mounted but im not sure how to do it.

i have 2 maglites i want by the drivers seat on the side, a mini shovel, soon a hatchet, high lift jack, and a cb radio antenna. has anyone mounted any of these and can you tell me how you did it?

Reaction score
where can i get the brackets at?

You must be registered for see images attach

this is the shovel

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any hardware store. Got mine at ACE. I think they run about $5-$7 a light. There's a link somewhere or other (how-to section?) that shows how to do it.

For the shovel and whatnot, some people have mounted them inside the tailgate.

Reaction score
im going to go to ace today. is there any way i could get it mounted on the factory roof rails?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I mounted my CB antenna on the tire mount using some sort of bracket from Radio Shack. Some others have mounted theirs on the spare tire mount *but* this DOES get in the way of the flipper glass.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with sam's club membership. They have the 3 D maglite, 2 AA maglite, batteries and the mounting brackets for the D cell for $20

chirokj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted my antenna on the roof so it wouldnt get in the way when opening the back. The radio itself is in the armrest

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my anteanna, I did the adamisadam/tokyo_joe method by utilizing the stock AM/FM mount and the firestik splitter. I had to re-thread the spring stud to 5/16" (didn't want to drill out and tap the mount to 3/8"). Threw on a 3' firefly antenna, and it works like a charm!

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a K30 magnet mount antenna on the roof but its too high and hits overhead branches. I'll have to find some other place to put it.
To hold a shovel I have a grease gun holder that I plan to put on my roof rack or somwhere else. I bought it at a NAPA auto parts store.
You must be registered for see images

You can buy Maglite brackets too to mount your Maglite in a handy location.
You must be registered for see images

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also thought it would be cool to have a shovel, pick, or etc mounted on the front Fender Flairs. Like you would see on old Military Jeeps and old school Land rovers. :D