Mounting Mag Lite in KK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody got a good suggestion for a mounting place for a 3-cell Mag Lite for the KK?

I've seen some suggestions for the KJ where it was mounted on the frame of the drivers seat, but there doesn't seem to be enough room there for this mount on the KK. I would really rather have it up in the cab area, rather than the back storage area. There are some decent places back there, but it's more handy up front.

Had to change a flat at night recently...and that was no fun. BTW, Sam's Club has the 3-cell Mag Lite, mini Mag, batteries for both, and mounting clips for the large one, all for $20 :D.

Paul

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohhh this sounds interesting.

I've got a mag as well (5D) and this thing is enormous. I would love to add a holder for it as right now it's sitting on the floor in behind the driver's seat.

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a mag as well (5D) and this thing is enormous.
Yeah, that monster wouldn't likely fit anywhere up front without being obtrusive.

In the back, along the passenger side, there is some hard plastic that might be a good place to mount some clips for that torch. I may end up having to do that as well, if I can't figure out a way to put it up front.

Let me know if you come up with anything.

Paul

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think of these two locations?

You must be registered for see images

OR

You must be registered for see images

Paul

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you put it in the back you will pile stuff on top of it if you put any thing back there. i put mine under the front seat of my kj just like photo 1. it were you always need it, with you the driver and not in the way. but just my two cents, its your jeep remember!

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case any body's interested, I ended up going with the drivers seat mount.
It fits perfectly and is nice and handy there. Drilled four holes in the seat frame and screwed in the clamps. It's a good tight fit...no rattles. Easy as pie.

Paul

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to squeeze mine in beside the console and seat.

This thing is so bloody big it serves dual purpose:

Flashlight :)

Billy Club :D