More Blower Motor Resistor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had replaced the first bmr and the new one worked for about 6 months, then it stopped again. I went to autozone and got another one, hoked it up with the pain in the ass clip thing, screwed it back in and still didn't work. I took it out and the board came apart from the adapter and fell into the fan housing. So I exchanged the broken one to autozone and then I tried with the new one. After spending a lot of time trying to get the new one in I realize that the board is not coming into the connectors all the way causing it to overheat... Has anyone had this problem?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting bad parts if the contacts are not lining up as you say.

My first choice for parts is NAPA as I think they have better quality parts. Or, I will go to the dealer parts dpt and get parts (depending on the part). If you have a good dealer and ask you might get a 10% discount. You never know? I now get a shop discount since I have been there a few times and now I know the parts guy.

Dave

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had replaced the first bmr and the new one worked for about 6 months, then it stopped again. I went to autozone and got another one, hoked it up with the pain in the ass clip thing, screwed it back in and still didn't work. I took it out and the board came apart from the adapter and fell into the fan housing. So I exchanged the broken one to autozone and then I tried with the new one. After spending a lot of time trying to get the new one in I realize that the board is not coming into the connectors all the way causing it to overheat... Has anyone had this problem?

Is this the internal blower motor resistor assembly you are talking about?

I have seen that it is recommended to get the resistor assembly from a Chrysler Sebring up to 2005....exactly the same part but more robust....we did not get the Sebring out here so I cannot get that part myself.:icon_confused:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do know the Sebring blower motor resistor was redesigned later. I've installed a new one into a 2004 and 2002 Sebring - much better design, more robust. You do have to cut a little plastic to insert the redesigned resistor, at least on the Sebring.

The 2004 OEM resistor failed with 14,000 miles on the car!

Latest posts

Members online