Mopar Roof Rack Load Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4M

Reaction score
I have a 2004 KJ Renegade. Great vehicle so far.

Since I have an 04 Renegade, it had that idiotic, yet attractive looking plastic "basket" over the top of the roof rails. I removed it because unless you love wind noise and putting gear directly on your roof, it was useless. What I found after I removed it was interesting.

Holding the Hasbro-made basket are some really nice, steel clamps. I'll end up using them in the futrue I am sure. Why in the heck didn't Jeep put a nice basket up there? If I knew they were there, I would have built a rack off of them instead of buying Mopar stuff.

So anyway, These Mopar load bars are excellent. I have had Yakima racks before. These Mopar bars are far better from a standpoint of wind noise, stability, strength and looks. Install was about 30mins. Rocky Mount Noose bike racks work great on it. I made my own windsurf mount for it. Good stuff!

So note to those looking to go with a roof rack and have the Renegade with the Hasbro basket: Use the existing clamps, buy some aluminium from Lowes and save some money.

Note to everyone else: Mopar load bars are great. If you cross rails, try them out.

Members online