2008 KK roof rack help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KK_GP

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the threads here, first time KK owner. I used to have a JK but that's another world.

Anyway, I noticed my 2008 KK does not have a space on the roof rails for the crossbars of the roof rack to grab onto. The bars run the length of the vehicle, but they are not raised like some others I've seen online. They look like the picture attached.

Does anyone have any recommendations for roof racks that will fit in this configuration, or perhaps a link to a replacement for this black piece on the roof that will act as a roof rack?

Thank you in advance, I literally got the truck today and haven't been able to do much yet

Attachments

• jeep.png
    jeep.png
    383.3 KB · Views: 6

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, your KK came roof-rack-less. The black bars you see are only covers held in by 3M adhesive tape. Under them are the roof rack mounting bolts. If I were in your position I would visit a local junkyard and grab a pair of side rails from a KK to bolt onto yours. These were common. I would also look for KK crossbars which were a more rare option. Sometimes they show up on Craigslist as well as in the junkyard. Car-part.com is a junkyard database that will be super helpful in finding OEM parts you need.