Mopar iPod Integration Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dvghost

Reaction score
RPB may work

I just bought the iPod integration kit for my '04 Liberty from Wyckoff:

http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/moipinkit.html

Note this language on that page:

"We will accept returns on these units if you want to try it on your vehicle. Your radio must have the 10-pin connector next to the main radio connector for it to work. "

With the discount they offer (
http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3818

), and all the comments about how easy it was to install,
it seemed worth a try.

DVghost, '04 Stone White KJ with off-road modifications

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to add a comment regarding the Mopar kit, to date I have installed 3 kits, 2 for myself and 1 for a family member, out of the 3 kits I have received 2 were defective and had to be replaced, in my experience that seems like a high failure rate, if the kit does not work on a particular radio, if possible try it on another, just do not assume it wont work on your particular radio
I have a RAZ radio set up in my workshop that came out of a 2003 Durango and the ipod kit works with it and its not connected to anything but a power source and speakers, this has become my test source before pulling a dash apart

Bob

k21975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'Gentleman'
When you say they were defective, what were the symptoms? Nothing worked? No text display?

Thanks for the help.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing worked, no display or anything
When I received the replacements and plugged them into a mopar radio on the workbench and they worked, so they do not have to be in a vehicle to work, just plugged into a Mopar radio.
The ones I sent back I marked defective on the control box, just wonder if they are going to find their way back into circulation

Bob

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AtlanticLiberty said:
I ran mine down to the center console (in the CD holder compartment) instead of the glove box. I already have too much crap in the tiny glove box to squish an ipod in there.

With an RB1 I highly recommend.

Atlantic,

1. Did you remove any pieces to run the ipod wires to the center console?
2. Do any wires show at all?
3. Do you have any pictures showing how you ran it?

I'm also interested in running it into there because I don't have much room in my glovebox. #-o

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stackthepads30 said:
AtlanticLiberty said:
I ran mine down to the center console (in the CD holder compartment) instead of the glove box. I already have too much crap in the tiny glove box to squish an ipod in there.

With an RB1 I highly recommend.

Atlantic,

1. Did you remove any pieces to run the ipod wires to the center console?
2. Do any wires show at all?
3. Do you have any pictures showing how you ran it?

I'm also interested in running it into there because I don't have much room in my glovebox. #-o

Sorry for the late response... been traveling. With the center console closed, you see absolutely no wires. I unscrewed the console so it lifted a bit and ran the cables back to the CD holder in the center (offset to the drivers side). Using a Dremel , I cut a small square in the bottom of the black plastic CD holder part - just large enough to get the iPod connector through it. Then I fastened everything back down. I will try and get you pics soon.

k21975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I broke down and bought an RB1 and we love it!!!

One issue I am having is when I am on the Navigation screen, if I use the left steering wheel controls to move the highlighted icon on the screen, it also changes the song on the iPod. :( Does anyone else have this problem? Do I have something set wrong? Am I the only one that has noticed this problem?

Thanks for the help.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k21975 said:
Ok, so I broke down and bought an RB1 and we love it!!!

One issue I am having is when I am on the Navigation screen, if I use the left steering wheel controls to move the highlighted icon on the screen, it also changes the song on the iPod. :( Does anyone else have this problem? Do I have something set wrong? Am I the only one that has noticed this problem?

Thanks for the help.

Mine does the same

Bob

FirstJeep

Reaction score
how do I tell what deck I have? rb1, rbz, I dont know. it's an 2006 with just a cd player, no steering wheel controls, nothing fancy. Will this kit still work?
thx

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FirstJeep said:
how do I tell what deck I have? rb1, rbz, I dont know. it's an 2006 with just a cd player, no steering wheel controls, nothing fancy. Will this kit still work?
thx

Once you note your deck (as Bob said before me), if it's not one of the official decks listed in the start of this thread, you can email:

[email protected]

Who is the parts manager at Wyckoff. Note the offer a discount to JeepKJ.com members (see their post in the vendors section). Jeff can update you on any current decks.

pasimik

Reaction score
Mopar iPod kit and European radios

Local dealer in Finland did know anything about Mopar iPod intergration kit.
Instead they told me to use Mopar FM ipod integration kit.
This does not have ipod controls over the radio.

I have Cherokee (Eu Liberty) 2005 with single CD FM/AM radio and no navigation.
The Jeep code for the radio is REK.
The list of compatible radios contains only us models.

Anyone using Mopar iPod intergration kit with REK radio ?

/pasimik

ingballesteros

Reaction score
ingballesteros said:
thx a lot spin dr. hope i can buy the kit as soon as possible.

I've just received it from gift, installed it and try it on my new 80 GB iPod Video.. but I just can't control it with the presets. Can someone explain me in simple words how to use these?

Thx

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ingballesteros said:
I've just received it from gift, installed it and try it on my new 80 GB iPod Video.. but I just can't control it with the presets. Can someone explain me in simple words how to use these?

Thx

Should be very easy... this all works in both my KJ and TJ:

To change playlists...
1) Hit preset one... and "playlist" appears.
2) The seek buttons (up/ down) will then take you through the playlists.
3) When you find the playlist you want, hit "pty", and it goes into that list.
4) Then the seek buttons (up/ down) go through the songs in a playlist.

The other preset buttons browse artists, albums, genres, and preset five shuffles songs in the playlist. Also, the very first playlist that appears is "all songs"... on the iPod.

The scan buttons (up/ down) move you through songs.

The "mod" button switches to the radio, or CD, to iPod.

That is about it. The KJ has steering wheel controls, and they do work as well.

ingballesteros

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
ingballesteros said:

Thx

Should be very easy... this all works in both my KJ and TJ:

To change playlists...
1) Hit preset one... and "playlist" appears.
2) The seek buttons (up/ down) will then take you through the playlists.
3) When you find the playlist you want, hit "pty", and it goes into that list.
4) Then the seek buttons (up/ down) go through the songs in a playlist.

The other preset buttons browse artists, albums, genres, and preset five shuffles songs in the playlist. Also, the very first playlist that appears is "all songs"... on the iPod.

The scan buttons (up/ down) move you through songs.

The "mod" button switches to the radio, or CD, to iPod.

That is about it. The KJ has steering wheel controls, and they do work as well.

thx for the answer grogie, I'd already tried that and it won't change. I suppose it's a problem of the language cause a turn switch number 1 on. Maybe that's a bug.

ingballesteros

Reaction score
ok, I'd already turn all switches as it came from dealer. But it still can´t read the playlist and the other presets. The displays says Updating and no change if buttons pressed. Any ideas?