Mopar iPod Integration Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtalef

Reaction score
Docking Cable Routing

Enos316 said:
Installed the replacement last night, working great so far! =D>

I'm still waiting on my replacement. ](*,)

A quick question. How did you route the docking cable behind the glove box. I tried to do it as illustrated and there was no way it was going behind all the stuff they show it behind in the instructions.

Enos316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Docking Cable Routing

jtalef said:
Enos316 said:
Installed the replacement last night, working great so far! =D>

I'm still waiting on my replacement. ](*,)

A quick question. How did you route the docking cable behind the glove box. I tried to do it as illustrated and there was no way it was going behind all the stuff they show it behind in the instructions.

I just put it through the hole in the top of the section where the manual is kept, if that makes sense.

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I need some advice.

I had my dealer install the Mopar iPod Integration Kit in my KJ today. I have a brand new RB1 navigation radio and I figured this iPod kit would be a great addition for my long road trips.

Anyways, after I picked up my vehicle from the dealer today, I drove straight home and plugged in my iPod to the cable in the glove box. But, as with everything I ever buy/install, I'm having a problem.

It seems that the iPod kit is configured for a "basic" radio and not my premium RB1 navigation radio. What I mean is that I cannot see any song/artist information on the screen. Also, instead of seeing on-screen text options to browse by genre/playlist/etc., I hear some robotic lady's voice every time I press a button. So for example, when I press the preset 1 button to browse by playlist, I hear the lady say "Playlist 1" and I then have to use the Seek Up/Down buttons to scroll through the playlists. And everytime I press up or down, she will say "Playlist 2", "Playlist 3", etc.

So basically my iPod kit is acting like it is hooked up to a cheap, basic radio. With the RB1, I should be able to see on-screen options and be able to see album/artist/song information. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm thinking it might have something to do with the wiring or the dip switches that are on the back of the iPod adapter.

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I solved my own problem. I went behind the radio and looked at the iPod adapter box, and the dealer had one of the dip switches flipped on. By default, all of the dip switches are supposed to be set to 'off'. I flipped the one switch off and the problem was solved.

richtj99

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trading in my 2005 KJ Limited today. I removed this kit & will plan to resell it. Does anyone know what other vehicles / years this would work in? I am also curious if anyone knows what the going rate is on these?

Thanks
Rich

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trading in my 2005 KJ Limited today. I removed this kit & will plan to resell it. Does anyone know what other vehicles / years this would work in? I am also curious if anyone knows what the going rate is on these?

Thanks
Rich

Shoot me a PM when your ready to sell this. I need one for my 06 KJ. What model is your radio in your 05?

Last edited:

Lilngineer

Reaction score
iPhone compatibility

Does anyone know if this interface will work with an iPhone using direct connect on an RB1?

I am looking to use one with my 3GS.

kidjedi

Reaction score
If anybody else has one of these kits they'd like to sell, I have been scouring the internet with no luck (the only kits available are 2008 and up).

I have a KJ with the RBQ radio and I really want to plug my phone in for music.

The ONLY other thing I'm finding is the PA11-CHR, but the Mopar unit sounds like it's much better.

JieselDeep

Reaction score
Sink on lostjeeps, I asked a while back and got two offers...I already bought the first, more expensive offer when the second came in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

kidjedi

Reaction score
Sink on lostjeeps, I asked a while back and got two offers...I already bought the first, more expensive offer when the second came in.

I'm not sure what this post means. I searched for "sink" as a user (?) on Lost Jeeps but there were no results. Are you saying you got two offers when you asked and there is one still available from someone? I'd love to know, 'cause if the price is right, I would DEFINITELY purchase.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Last edited:

JieselDeep

Reaction score
Oops, stupid autocorrect. Sink should be ask. Ask on lostjeeps, sorry about that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Beowulf

Reaction score
Has anyone found a 30pin bluetooth adapter that works with this TJ Mopar iPod Integration Kit? My iPod has sadly died. All my music is now on iPhones and iPads

Members online

No members online now.