Mopar iPod Integration Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ingballesteros

Reaction score
I'd already tried the kit with my sister's 4gb mini, and i worked fine. But I still can't get to work with my 5.5 80gb video ipod. I've noticed that the mini has the 1.4.x software version, and the video has the 1.2.1. Do you think that's the problem?

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 60 gig video and also a 4 gig and they both work fine, my 60 has version 1.2 and the 4 has version 1.3, I believe the software versions are specific to the ipod, not all sizes have the same version, do you wait for for the updating to finish and leave the screen before trying the presets..

Nob

ingballesteros

Reaction score
Gentleman said:
I have a 60 gig video and also a 4 gig and they both work fine, my 60 has version 1.2 and the 4 has version 1.3, I believe the software versions are specific to the ipod, not all sizes have the same version, do you wait for for the updating to finish and leave the screen before trying the presets..

Nob

yeah, it updated for about 5 songs (about 15 min of trafic) and it didn't finished. Right now I'm restoring it hoping to have better luck.
Thx for the reply

ingballesteros

Reaction score
hopefuly I already could manage my playlist; I only needed to restore my ipod... now I'm loading all my music..
thanks for all your ideas

Enos316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help!

So I got one this morning for my 04 RBK, hooked it up and it doesnt seem to be working.

I dont have an Ipod, but my brother does (I have a Cowon iAudio player, same thing). I tried using his Ipod (its an older Ipod, black and white screen) with the dock and I get nothing when I hit "mode". I then tried my iAudio through the Aux input using a male-to-male phonoplug my Dad had, still nothing (this cord might be bad, I have more at my house I will try).

So, what am I missing here? When I hit "mode", it should go to something called Aux or something, right? I matched up the PN from my radio to the list in the kit, so I know it should work... (Aeh)

Thanks for any help.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Merely a thought, I have installed 4 Mopar Ipod kits, 2 Liberties and 2 Rams and out of the 4 kits I received 2 controllers were defective and had to be replaced, all were purchased from Jparts and replaced without an issues, but I learned to test before buttoning up

Bob

Enos316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentleman said:
Merely a thought, I have installed 4 Mopar Ipod kits, 2 Liberties and 2 Rams and out of the 4 kits I received 2 controllers were defective and had to be replaced, all were purchased from Jparts and replaced without an issues, but I learned to test before buttoning up

Bob

Thanks for the quick reply Bob, yeah I saw your earlier post about the defectives. I got this one from Wyckoff, no one from tech support is around today so I will try them this week.

On your defective ones, nothing came up, right? Also, would lack of a valid input on the Aux or Dock connection cause nothing to happen when you hit Mode?

jtalef

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Bob, yeah I saw your earlier post about the defectives. I got this one from Wyckoff, no one from tech support is around today so I will try them this week.

On your defective ones, nothing came up, right? Also, would lack of a valid input on the Aux or Dock connection cause nothing to happen when you hit Mode?

I too received an iPod kit today and unfortunately, it didn't work when I hooked it up to my RB1. It also didn't work when I tried my RBQ. I hit CD/AUX on the RB1 and nothing, I hit 'Mode' on the RBQ and nothing. The iPod didn't even say it was charging when I plugged it into the dock connector. I triple-checked all connections to make sure everything was in it's proper place.

One thing I noticed is that neither radios part number was listed on the 'supported model sheet'. Does this mean that I'm out of luck? I was under the impression that the iPod kit worked with all RB1 models.

Should I try another iPod kit?

Enos316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're right about the RB1s. The kicker for me is my exact PN for the stereo I have is listed as supported, so I can only assume its a bad unit.

I am going to call the tech line today if I get the chance and see if they can just send me a new one.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the defective one's nothing worked, neither the ipod connector, or the in line connector and it would not charge the ipod, for use with an RB1 make sure the part number of the kit ends in AC, the earleir or non AC are not RB1 compatible

When you go at cd\aux on the RB1 you may have to do it twice if you have sirius, am/fm..aux...am/fm...aux

Bob

jtalef

Reaction score
Gentleman said:
On the defective one's nothing worked, neither the ipod connector, or the in line connector and it would not charge the ipod, for use with an RB1 make sure the part number of the kit ends in AC, the earleir or non AC are not RB1 compatible

When you go at cd\aux on the RB1 you may have to do it twice if you have sirius, am/fm..aux...am/fm...aux

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks again for another quick response.

Question, make sure the Mopar iPod Kit part number ends with AC?

My RB1 is older it has the DVD ROM logo on the face of the radio. Could this still be an issue?

Also, you're exactly right, it wouldn't even charge the iPod when plugged in, that lead me to believe it wasn't my radio that was the problem.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[ [/quote]My RB1 is older it has the DVD ROM logo on the face of the radio. Could this still be an issue? [/quote]

The RB1 in my Ram also has the DVD logo on the face and the ipod works, I also have a RBQ in my workshop powered by a Radio Shack 12 volt power supply and an ipod kit hooked to it and it works, doesn't even have to be in a vehicle

Bob

Enos316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to the parts department at Wyckoff, they gave me an RMA number to send the unit back to them. Now all I have to do is take the whole thing apart again...

jtalef

Reaction score
Gentleman said:
My RB1 is older it has the DVD ROM logo on the face of the radio. Could this still be an issue?

The RB1 in my Ram also has the DVD logo on the face and the ipod works, I also have a RBQ in my workshop powered by a Radio Shack 12 volt power supply and an ipod kit hooked to it and it works, doesn't even have to be in a vehicle

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I'll try a swap out as well and see what happens. For the part number you meant the part number of the iPod kit itself correct? Can you provide me with the correct part number for the iPod kit? Or are they all the same with the exception of the last two letters?

Jason

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the ipod kit part number 82209616AC, the original kits did not have letters behind the digits and were not RB1 compatible.

Bob

tjkobs7926

Reaction score
RB1 iPod 2004

Hello,

Just thought that I would share my experience with the iPod and RB1 radio. I have a 2004 Liberty, which had an RBK radio. I was installing the RB1 and iPod adaptor at the same time. To keep this short the connectors were not as described in the iPod instructions. I was able to plug everthing in, but not as described. But it works. The iPod adaptor box did not fit where the instructions said it should go, but I was able to fit it next to the RB1, above the glove box. After a few hours of install, everything works. So, I was able to install the iPod adaptor and RB1 into a 2004 liberty.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: RB1 iPod 2004

tjkobs7926 said:
Hello,

Just thought that I would share my experience with the iPod and RB1 radio. I have a 2004 Liberty, which had an RBK radio. I was installing the RB1 and iPod adaptor at the same time. To keep this short the connectors were not as described in the iPod instructions. I was able to plug everthing in, but not as described. But it works. The iPod adaptor box did not fit where the instructions said it should go, but I was able to fit it next to the RB1, above the glove box. After a few hours of install, everything works. So, I was able to install the iPod adaptor and RB1 into a 2004 liberty.

Strange, everything on my installs were exactly as illustrated and the adapter fit in the designated location

Bob

Enos316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine fit ok in my 04. Although I had to unplug the cables before it would get into the spot they said, but it wasnt too bad.

My RMA is on its way to Wyckoff today, so once I get the new part I will let you guys know how it works.

UPDATE: Just heard back, it is defective, so they will be sending me a new one.

Latest posts

Members online