MoladoGuy Greets KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And go figure I was behind a Tan KK today. I hated it even more. I thought for sure it had to be a Patriot, because there was no way I was already seeing a PERSONAL KK, but I got around front and it was a damn Liberty. Ugly thing.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are they getting those jeeps from!?!?!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Buying them/Leasing them? I'm pretty sure they're appearing on lots by now and I said the one Phil caught was a corporate vehicle... have you heard of Chrysler's fast-feedback program? It's when they lease out vehicles to testers so they can get rid of those last minute problems.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just came back from the dealer, they had non.
I took a look at a few others, though. Wrangler Unlimited and Wrangler 2 Door, and also we sat in a Compass and Patriot. I kinda liked patriot. :) Also, I wonder if they will ever make wranglers with selec-trac.

Otherwise, no KK.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will ever make wranglers with selec-trac.
That would totally go the oppisite way of what makes a Wrangler a Wrangler.Why would you want a known weaker t-case anyway?You want the 241 RockTrac:D ,or learn how to drive(ESP,ABS is the devilnotcool.gif )

OldBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(ESP,ABS is the devilnotcool.gif )

LOL!! At least you can turn it off!

Personally, it doesn't do anything for me. The interior looks too much like a Nitro, and I don't much care for the new Chrysler truck/suv interiors. Especially the center stack. Looks like it was designed more for ease of installation at the factory than for looks.

I do LOVE the cloth sunroof though........reminds me of my old Beetle!

Last edited:

DragonFly

Reaction score
Changing door handles?

... I hate those door handles.. what year are we in? 1976?

Can these door handles be changed? We're interested in getting this new 2nd generation Liberty, but my wife has arthritis in her hands and wrists so it is extremely difficult for her to push the unlock button and pull the handle at the same time. The pull to unlock & open action is much easier. Is it possible to replace these KK handles with the KJ handles (or something with just a pull action)? Would the dealer do this for us if we paid extra for it?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're a totally different handle from the looks of it. Retrofitting them would take some body work, and if you're going that route you might almost want to shave the handles.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
They're a totally different handle from the looks of it. Retrofitting them would take some body work, and if you're going that route you might almost want to shave the handles.

Hmm, shaved handles... probably something that hasn't been done before and my imagination is telling me that it wouldn't look too bad! :)

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go out and buy the new issue (Nov./Dec.) of Motor Trend's "Truck Trend" magazine. It has a few pictures of them testing it off-road and a nice long review. And, the one's they tested don't look too bad....but I'm still not sure if I like it or not. It's almost too nice. BTW, there are SEVERAL new KK's on the lot at my dealer....every color and trim level. I'm looking at them more for my mother than anything else if that tells you anything.:cool:

MzLiberty02

Reaction score
I test drove one this week and I think I will keep what I have. They arent bad but no way do they compare to the first Liberty's. I think they look like an old Cherokee-Liberty crossbreed. I think they ride like an old cherokee. I just plain dont like them. I test drove the new Rubicon also (4-door) and it was way kewler than the Liberty. I decided not to get either, but if I had to make a choice I would have gotten the Rubicon Unlimited over the Liberty. Jeep had a good thing with the original Liberty, so why change it. Like they always say ... "If its not broke - DONT fix it!

Latest posts

Members online