Moabs!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe how awesome these rims look. If I knew they looked this good I would of gotten them along time ago!

I measured the new and old rims while I had one of each on the jeep and it seems that the Moabs stick out 1.5in more than the stock rims. I always thought it was only 1in, but it gives it one heck of a stance. handles alot better too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hehe, like my license plate?

Tons of room for the pinch weld and the foglight area.

Guys at the tire place loved those tires and both sets of my rims. He kepted talking about how those black rims would look great on some old Chevy he had.

Anyway, I cant stop looking at it! I love them.. :D

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moabs are the best. So what are you gonna do with your 17s and 16" Cragars?
I assume you will make these your year-round set, since moabs work with TPMS.

Now you can just sell your spacers, cragars, and 17s and make lots of money. :) I almost got these, but then the guy never turned up, so I bought the 17 tires.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell my spacers? I dont have any spacers. Ive been playing with the idea of getting some for those 17's but I dont really like them.

I think the cragars are already sold.. Ill hang onto the 17's.. Im not to sure what Ill do with them yet.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, these are good. He doesn't need MTRs. ALthough I love the way MTRs look, they are not that functional in daily drives.

Blake, I thought you had spacers on cragars because of backspacing issue? I thought they wouldn't fit otherwise.. I was wrong, I guess.. So cragars were sticking out naturally, then...

2003KJ

Reaction score
No, these are good. He doesn't need MTRs. ALthough I love the way MTRs look, they are not that functional in daily drives.

Blake, I thought you had spacers on cragars because of backspacing issue? I thought they wouldn't fit otherwise.. I was wrong, I guess.. So cragars were sticking out naturally, then...

Ok, get some BFG A/T's then....something with a more aggressive look to them. The Yoko's just dont have that mean look to them, IMO.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does look really good...MUCH better than the Cragers IMO. It's amazing how much of a difference a new set of wheels can make in the look of a vehicle. :D icon996.gif rockon.gif

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The moabs are the exact same as the Cragars. 16x8 with 5" BS. I was just talking with respect to the 17's and the moabs. Plus its been so long since Ive driven on the cragars Ive forgotten how well it handles.

Ive had the general Grabbers on there and while it makes it look more aggressive, the aggressive tread killed mpg and performance. I guess where the tread was so deep and soft it made alot more rolling resistance.

I like my yokohamas! :D

How are your tires doing Hyedipin?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!!! They are very popular out here in Arizona with the wheeling crowd. I'd loose the mud flaps before I went off road....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it Blake. These look really good. I wish the 17 Moabs were same bolt pattern as 16s..
How are your tires doing Hyedipin?

They are doing pretty good. Comparing the tread depth of mine to your yokos, I got much deeper tread, but I have no difference in MPG like you complain. Plus mine are more blocky on the shoulders so they would look incredibly good with your wide setup idea.gif .

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant really tell a difference between these tires and the stock tires, it was the Grabbers that gave all the trouble with gas and performance.

Glad you tires are working out. Im sure you will like them much better than those HP's in the snow! :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am waiting for the snow. :)

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the same tires as jeepjeepster and i think they look plenty aggressive, i agree in the pictures they dont but in person i know mine look pretty mean.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I polished them up today and gave them a good coat of wax. They look as good as new now, I didnt thing some of the scratches would come out, but megs #80 and the mothers powerball made quick work of them. It probably just filled most of them in, but that metal flake sure came out! Ill get more pics tomorrow.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those do look good, i realy like the way the moabs look too...

now go get dirty and take some more pics :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the MOAB wheel club Blake. I like mine a lot just the way they look and set in the fender.

Tom

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blake, what size are those Yoko's? You are correct that the MOABS look awesome on the Jeep. I am planning on trying to find a cheap set as well and dump the heavy Cragars. I'll also put on some new tires like Revo's or something with lesser tread than the BFG's. Hmmmmmmmm...The Yoko's do look good :)

All this is planned 1st quarter of 2008.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Phil, start looking on ROF as well, I got mine a little ways above Detroit for a "real" good price with MTRs on them.