Moabs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prospect, just curious - what did you get them for? Condition? 4 or 5?

I'd like to get a set in the future. I wouldn't mind narfed up finish as I'd like to powercoat them gunmetal anyways. Just no huge gouges out of the metal.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Artus, funny thing is one of the sets I bought was in Sterling Heights, they were like new, I think less than 5000 miles on them, got that 5 for 475. The last 5 I bought were even much cheaper than that with tires , Oh and yhey came from MI as well seems like all the Rubicon owners in MI are getting rid of them! LOL

Tom

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atrus,

The set I was going to buy I found on Jeepforum.com and they were very close to me on Long Island, NY. I was ecstatic.

I had negotiated to $900 for a set of 5 of the special edition moabs with the dark colored inserts and shiney finish on MTR's with 11,000 miles. Then I decided to scrap the whole deal and buy a new set of rockcrawlers on Pro Comp All Terrains. I just realized that I really love that black wheel look. So, check all the jeep forums out there - jeepforum.com, jeepsunlimited, etc.

I think eBay is the LAST place you should look. The robbers who list them on eBay think they're selling G-D gold boullion or something. Also, Craigslist is good.

Good luck.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to watch them Tom - are you finding them on the rubi owners forum?

Back in August there was a Craigslist posting for all 5 wheels and tires with only 3K on them for $650. Of course it was during my "not buying anything" slump or else I would've jumped on it. However, this is not the first time I have seen local folks dropping their Rubi tires/rims this cheap.

I'm in the market again for some so move over!!!!!!! :) These BFG's 265/70's are getting outta control regarding their size. I should've gone 245/75 rather than the larger set.