Moabs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap set. Unless you want to loan me $600. I just figured maybe somebody on this board would be unloading a set cheap. I'd rather not pay those vultures on eBay.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want the black ones.

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Dan, some guy on craig's list is selling a set, maybe in jersey? i can't remember. search hudson valley, then Ct/fairfield county/westchester he's asking 500

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would buy brand new for $30 more....
oh yeah, if the shipping is not involved..

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UNLIMITED i notice you have the geolanders a/t's ,how do you rate them for grip road noise ect, i have put them on my shortlist for my 16"'s for winter.thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Moabs are not that hard to find have had 3 sets in the past 9 months that I bought anywhere from 250 to 500 a set (of 5) last set with tires 350! Check out ROF there are always ones on there (Rubicon Owners Forum)

Tom

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
UNLIMITED i notice you have the geolanders a/t's ,how do you rate them for grip road noise ect, i have put them on my shortlist for my 16"'s for winter.thanks

Jimmy, actually he has Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S.
Jeepjeepster has them, and I have been planning to put them on. A/T is the older version, didn't get very well reviews..

Pls see this topic:
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23066

if you want A/T-S and to see the difference (on 2nd or 3rd page).

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cheers hyedepin it was a mistake on my part it is the A/T-S that i am considering .Are they an improvment on the older A/T . Will there be much more road noise compared to the stock badyears?. Do they wear well?. As i live in rip off england i dont wanna make an expensive mistake with my purchase.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't find any reviews for the older model, and people seem to confuse them with the newer ones. As for the wearing, etc.. I am not sure, I am just going by "they are good" statement of a few sites, and jeepjeepster runs them, and he seems to enjoy them so far. But he doesn't use them 7/24.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys - got a significant boost in my budget and I'm still looking. Everything on eBay is approaching a grand now! Did these things shoot up in value or what? Anyway, my budget is around $750 (shipped). Just sticking the feelers out there again...

Thanks guys.

By the way - I did check ROF and have been getting ****** around alot. It seems like they hate me or something, I've been getting PM's from guys who claim to have a set only to never hear from them again. Ah well.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest you call them up and find out more info. They look real to me.