How to pull KJ interior fuse “ holders “ without breaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boueux

Reaction score
I’m a pretty good sport, but whoever designed the interior fuse panel in the KJ was a ******.

Lacks ample room to use our two pin tester and fuse puller tools we have are useless. A number of fuses are housed in additional “ fuse holders “:that only pull partially out and do not allow removal or replacement of fuses including fuse 34..

Will some kind soul please initiate me into the secret society that involves learning how to get these out without breaking the carrier? It’s not written about anywhere I can find, so it must be simple and I’m the probl…. My humble apologies.

Green arrows point to fuse holders or fuse carriers, thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4194.jpeg
    IMG_4194.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Boueux

Reaction score
Ha ha apparently if you type the word s a d i s t it will be censored. Who knew? Just wanted to make sure nobody thought I was typing anything bleepworthy.

Boueux

Reaction score
Lack of response overnight made me dig deeper.. and find this prior discussion from 2019

Needless to say, the battery terminals were already pulled… ALWAYS a good idea, as is reading the schematic prior to jumping in to ”checking all of the fuses” as some of these are connected to the airbag and other things like the BCM, these fuses and relays shouldn’t be yanked ” live.” There’s the reason the white and yellow carriers for these fuses are in place.

As pointed out elsewhere, on the off chance you’re chasing electrical issues and also have a sunroof and a wet drivers side floor, then dealing with the left front pillar ( which houses one of four sunroof drain lines ) is a very smart move to keep the interior fuse area dry. Many thanks to those who sent me this route and hope this helps someone else.

David A. Warr

Reaction score
I’m a pretty good sport, but whoever designed the interior fuse panel in the KJ was a ******.

Lacks ample room to use our two pin tester and fuse puller tools we have are useless. A number of fuses are housed in additional “ fuse holders “:that only pull partially out and do not allow removal or replacement of fuses including fuse 34..

Will some kind soul please initiate me into the secret society that involves learning how to get these out without breaking the carrier? It’s not written about anywhere I can find, so it must be simple and I’m the probl…. My humble apologies.

Green arrows point to fuse holders or fuse carriers, thank you
I just use needle nose pliers. Works fine.

Boueux

Reaction score
I did too, thanks, I was just letting others know re clearances while I was in there ;)