Making Ms Liberty mine thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a drive across town today. I had to go back up that hill again. It seems that the injector cleaner is working. Although the bogging was still there, it was far less noticeable than it was yesterday. After driving up the hill the way I normally do, I turned around and went back down and up again. This time I gave it more gas than usual. Before it would bog worse. Today it doesn't. It only spit slightly more than when I drive it normally. I wonder if it is going to continue to get better.

If it doesn't continue to get better, how would I trace down which injector is the culprit? Is there a way to measure fuel flow to see if one doesn't spray correctly? Could it bea fuel filter? Where is the fuel filter? Is it in the gas tank?

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Prof. How's it going? Did you get that rack finished? I got those HO backup lights. The CREO or whatever they are called. When I back out of my driveway now, I light up the entire house across the street. Totally awesome!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I redid the crossbars with a homemade version which is as solid as the factory rails - maybe more so. The new crossbars actually sit between the rails and I now have the rack itself nearly flush with the roof of the Jeep. One of these days I'll get some pictures...

As for the Cree bulbs, I just did a 400 mile trip towing a trailer and every time I was in reverse it nearly blinded me in the rear view mirror. :happy175:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a drive across town today. I had to go back up that hill again. It seems that the injector cleaner is working. Although the bogging was still there, it was far less noticeable than it was yesterday. After driving up the hill the way I normally do, I turned around and went back down and up again. This time I gave it more gas than usual. Before it would bog worse. Today it doesn't. It only spit slightly more than when I drive it normally. I wonder if it is going to continue to get better.

If it doesn't continue to get better, how would I trace down which injector is the culprit? Is there a way to measure fuel flow to see if one doesn't spray correctly? Could it bea fuel filter? Where is the fuel filter? Is it in the gas tank?

I think the only way to measure fuel flow is to have the injectors out like you mentioned. I'm sure there are local auto shops that could do the cleaning and what not for you. I myself would be considering that after all the upcoming required fluid changes.

maybe tjkj or Tommudd might chip in some free advice soon

Here are a few forum threads i've bookmarked for fuel filter
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-change-fuel-filter-27498/

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/another-one-how-replace-fuel-filter-46894/

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went back into downtown tonight to go to bible study. Came back up the hill mentioned before, and tonight went up and down three times. First time I didn't feel any lag or bog. Thought maybe I just missed it, so I went back up a second time. This time, making sure to really pay attention. No lag. So I did it again. This time I got on it a little more aggressively. No lag at all.

I love my daughter... When I was picking up some engine degreaser for my son's 2001 Grand Cherokee that we got him on Saturday, that she came over and said "Dad, do you want to try this stuff and see if it helps out your Jeep?" She was holding a small bottle of the Lucas Oil injector cleaner. She is 11. I was skeptical, but to humor her, and to alleviate my own curiosity, I bought it. I let her put it in the tank, and she was excited that she was fixing Daddy's Jeep.

It seems she did and now will probably never let me forget it. :)

Now I want to take a road trip to see what sort of gas mileage I get.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score