Lurker ready for introductions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJim

Reaction score
Good day fellow Jeepers... I joined about a month ago at the tip of another member and after being attacked over at LOST. So we'll see how this goes...

I am 33 years old, am in the Army, stationed in Grafenwoehr, Germany and (here it goes) drive a Silver 2007 Patriot Sport, 4x4, 5 speed, 2.4L. I have already installed a K&N AirCharger CAI, and a Rocky Road Outfitters 2.25" lift. The first available appointment to get it aligned is next week. But shortly after that I'll be mounting 245/65R17's

Here's a few photos:
You must be registered for see images

in its original glory...

and the last two show it freshly lift on the stock 215/65R17's (pre-alignment).

*You can see more photos at the Cardomain link in my signature.

I do realize this isn't a Patriot site, but hopefully you won't hold my being a gas miser against me (after the lift and intake it still averages 27.5 mpg). Which is the reason I chose the Patriot over a hugely discounted Liberty Limited 4x4 (which I do sort of regret now but I'll get into that later).

If anyone knows of any German based Jeep (or offroad) clubs that welcome Americans I'd appreciate the info.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings Jim! It's a Jeep right? Then I don't see a problem with it. Welcome to the board and your Jeep is looking GREAT!! icon996.gif

(welcome)

JeepJim

Reaction score
yeah, pretty much since it didn't have at least one solid axle. I still post there and obviously read the forums... but it definitely wasn't a very warm welcome... it was so bad that the admins actually had to lock the thread.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can say I have no problem with the Patriot or any other 4x4 for that matter. Wheel'in is wheel'in no matter what vehicle someone drives. Let's just hit the trails and have fun!! (btw, I'm also a LOST member and had no problem with you there either) I think your Riot looks great!

P.S. Thank you for your bravery and serving in the Armed Forces and protecting my family.

JeepJim

Reaction score
Thanks guys...
I love the K&N Air Charger... K&N hasn't actually released a CAI for the Patriot, but its nearly the same thing under the body skins as a Compass. So I am actually using a compass CAI and it fits and works fine. The heat sheild is a little more flimsy that I would have wanted and sometimes it actually rattles and taps the fuse box making an annoying tapping noise at a low rolling speed. However the power increase is worth it. I live on the top of a small mountain and would have to down shift from 5th to 4th going up the hill. Now I can just keep on rolling since the Horse power has increased. I have not seen it effect gas mileage at all, I still fluctuate alot depending on how and where I am driving due to terrain and authorized speeds. But it tends to be 25-28 mpg, yes even after the lift was installed. So yes its a great Econo-Wheeler.

501, thanks for your appreciation. That SEMA Jeep is actually my motivation or driving force for many reasons. First Orange is my favorite color. Secondly there is just something about that Jeep that I lust over... That one will sit a little higher than mine and will have larger diameter tires due to its coil over suspension. Once an aftermarket company releases that bumper and roof rack/lightbar I'll own them... I already have plans on buying some 16" MOAB Wheels no later than next summer with some Mud Terrain tires (not quite 31" though). I am also currently talking to pixeldecals.com about having some unique Hood Lettering, Window Banners and Trail Test Stickers made to make it more jeepish.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good sir. Welcome to KJ Country. If you want an additional site to visit, I frequent the Patriot forum occasionally. Its a fun receptive site as well.

JeepJim

Reaction score
Yup me too Jeepman, I am JeepJim there too..

Hey Tony, great site, thanks for the invite.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome JeepJim to both you and your Patriot. I really like the looks of your Patriot. Sorry you got beat up over there.

Some of them might be L O S T over there but overall it is a good board.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome.....nice Patriot!!!! If it's a Jeep, you're fine with us....:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah JeepJim, post up. We don't bash Patriots here. I see you were online on 10/27/09.

How is your Pat doing anyway??

Thanks for your service to Our Country. I am a Vet also.

Dave

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Never noticed this before,wondered if anyone played with Patriots. 27mpg wow.Hope Jeepjim is OK.

Latest posts

Members online