Lukewarm heat- Blend door actuator or heater control problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 08 jeep liberty for about 21 months and put about 20,000 miles on it. I have noticed the heat blows just lukewarm air. Coolant levels are fine. Both inlet and outlet hoses to the heater core are warm when run up to temperature. Temperature guage acts normal. I looked at the blend door actuator, and the gear moves when I turn the temperature control. I have noticed tonight that when the temperature is set on cold, I get full airflow when I put the flow to the top vents. When I change it to hot, the force of airflow seems to be cut almost in half, and can hear it go somewhere else. I snapped the center console bezel out and disconnected and reconnected the plugs to the temperature controls, making sure they were connected properly. Does this sound like the temperature control panel needs to be replaced, or is this maybe a blend door actuator problem?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to recalibrate the blend doors. I am not sure how to do that on a ok, but maybe someone else does. You can also find the procedure in the factory service manual.

maantoline

Reaction score
did you ever resolve your luke warm heat problem? i have the same problem. everything i’ve checked is working properly. any info you could give me would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both the inlet and outlet hoses on our 06 were warm but not the same temp. I put the hose on the outlet side first ran water through, then inlet side. Second time on outlet side a bloop of pink snot came out. now the jeep gets hot.

Cover the fuel rail and ignition covers with plastic so you don't get a P0306 like I did the next day.

there is a good YouTube video on flushing it- only difference is I didn't remove hoses from reservoir just unbolted and moved out of the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk