Lugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with Mopars a year ago, but I expect they will deteriorate the same as the originals, the more my tires are rotated. If I were to replace them again, I’d look for some that are solid metal instead of chrome plated. The chrome caps come off and the interior nut is an odd size.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

TimberWolf

Reaction score
I replaced mine with Mopars a year ago, but I expect they will deteriorate the same as the originals, the more my tires are rotated. If I were to replace them again, I’d look for some that are solid metal instead of chrome plated. The chrome caps come off and the interior nut is an odd size.

I replaced mine with an all steel set from Autozone, not too costly if i remember right, even came with a 5th lug for each wheel so they couldn't be taken off without the special lug adapter. I was totally fed of with my torque wrench spinning the caps off. I've been satisfied with them since putting on.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes many things were designed quite well on the Jeep!
Unfortunately this is not one of them...;)
You must be registered for see images attach

Mike Phelps

Reaction score
Thank you

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
And here I am with all stock lug nuts in great shape on all 3 of mine
That is what happens when you use air powered tools on them

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely true.

I have lifetime free tire rotations at the shop where I bought my tires, so my lug nuts are going to see impacts.

Mike Phelps

Reaction score
Mine all turn, they’re just rusty at all the seams. Steel wool can only do so much

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
A bit late to the game, but I just replaced mine with the Dormans. They are solid, but use a larger socket size on your tire iron and torque wrench. None of that open end stuff with a stamped cap that always fails and let’s the weather into your threads.
When I mount my steel wheels, I got black chrome solids to go with the black wheels and black center caps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.